Tresspassing a new epidemic with Texans

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Postby joemf1985 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 pm

In the area I live and hunt we have a group of young, arrogant, duck hunters that have begun seeping across the Red River to enjoy our states natural resources. These young men have made it their goal this season to hunt where they please without permission on at least 2 seperate occasions. On both of these occasions they have pleaded ignorance, I wont argue that they are ignorant, but I tend to think they are just arrogant guys who have no respect for private land ownership or other hunters in this area of the state. These guys are giving sportsmen a bad name with their disrespectful behavior, and it is time for this to end.

Recomendation #1: If you are going out of state to hunt, read the regulations for the state you are going to hunt in. In Oklahoma there is no public right of way easement on rivers or lakes bordered by private property regarding tresspass, and what I mean by this is if you get out of a boat and your feet touch the ground you are tresspassing. If you jump off a river bridge and walk down the river onto private land you are still tresspassing. It may not be this way in Texas but in Oklahoma you are a tresspasser, poacher, whatever you want to be known as, you choose.

Recomendation #2: If you don't know whose land you are hunting on but think it is probably ok because you havn't been run off of the land on previous attempts to hunt it still isn't ok to continue to hunt it until the land owner catches you. You admitted you have hunted this property for multiple years and have been lucky enough to not get caught on multiple occasions. Buy a platt map and figure out where you are hunting, don't just go where you want to go and plan on begging for forgiveness. You said you didn't want to spend the money on a platt map but strangely you have a trailer full of decoys and stickers down the side that say "Red Dirt Fowlers" big enough for you to see from outer space, so I guess your right just save that $60 and hunt wherever you please. Nevermind the camera gear you boys have to film your hunts while you tresspass, or the fuel to drive here from all over Texas.

Last, bringing up clients and tresspassing on guided hunts, whether donated at a benefit auction or whether you all were profiting is still ridiculous behavior. Please stay in Texas or abide by the law, which I doubt you will do. This area and state has seen enough of you poachers for good!
joemf1985
hunter

Re: Tresspassing a new epidemic with Texans

Postby LTMFH » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 am

Great post! I agree I agree I agree. I have shared my Hunting spots for 34 years with North Texas Hunters. They aint like us. It is To Bad. Every year they get a little worse and a few more of them.
LTMFH
hunter

Postby CCducker » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:33 am

...Most of us educate ourselves quite well before going out of state, but thankyou :rolleyes:.

They seem to have a prominent Facebook and YouTube channel.....SO instead of posting in a public forum about "Texans" trespassing how about you deal with them directly. I don't think anyone appreciates your generalizations or assumptions, even if they weren't intentionally offensive.

So, again go deal with them directly don't stir up trouble where there isn't any... :fingerpt:

I have dealt with a handful of ignorant and close minded people from your state on a few occasions.

Bother them not us! :hi:

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RedDirtFowlers

Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/reddirtfowlers

Twitter
https://twitter.com/reddirtfowlers

One of their guys is on this pro staff
http://www.legironcalls.com/pro_staff.php
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 am

Hell they invade our own forum like the plague what makes you think they'll ever stop trespassing?
sooner737
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:39 am

Wow!! I agree 100%!!!

I would like to give these guys a piece of my mind because this behavior gives hunters a horrible name and image. Not only are they trespassing but I could almost bet they are committing other violations. Ignorance of the law is never an excuse! This makes me furious! Because of these jack wagons alot of farmers will not let people hunt on their property.

This is a great post!
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 am

sooner737 wrote:Hell they invade our own forum like the plague what makes you think they'll ever stop trespassing?

That's funny, seems like it was the other way around http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=393937&view=unread#unread
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Erie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:05 am

okduckdude wrote:Wow!! I agree 100%!!!

I would like to give these guys a piece of my mind because this behavior gives hunters a horrible name and image. Not only are they trespassing but I could almost bet they are committing other violations. Ignorance of the law is never an excuse! This makes me furious! Because of these jack wagons alot of farmers will not let people hunt on their property.

This is a great post!

The word is already out and have since cost individuals access to property they have been hunting on for years. :mad: :no:
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:31 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
sooner737 wrote:Hell they invade our own forum like the plague what makes you think they'll ever stop trespassing?

That's funny, seems like it was the other way around http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=393937&view=unread#unread

LOL Touché my friend. I got nothing.
sooner737
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:37 am

It's a problem that isn't state specific and can even be done by a state's own citizens. However, the premise of this is really not targeted at one specific forum, but rather that these jack holes are out there which makes it harder on all of us. Whether or not they are residents or non-residents. Point is we all hate trespassers.

Now lets grab the guitar, gather around the campfire, and sing kume-by-ah.
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:55 am

I don't see this issue as being tied to any state. IMO, a large percentage of hunters from ANY state, especially OK, "have issues". Have always thought it kinda ignorant to point fingers at out-of-staters when the inbreds here are just as bad, if not worse.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 am

joemf1985 wrote:Recomendation #1: If you are going out of state to hunt, read the regulations for the state you are going to hunt in. In Oklahoma there is no public right of way easement on rivers or lakes bordered by private property regarding tresspass, and what I mean by this is if you get out of a boat and your feet touch the ground you are tresspassing. If you jump off a river bridge and walk down the river onto private land you are still tresspassing. It may not be this way in Texas but in Oklahoma you are a tresspasser, poacher, whatever you want to be known as, you choose.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=134554
Technically it's legal if it can be accessed by a boat that came from a public launch. The bed and part of the shoreline is public easement according to Federal law.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 am

If you step out of the boat and drop decoys and you are standing on firm ground you are trespassing if the bordering ground is private butting up to the navigable water source in Oklahoma. State law can surpass Federal Law but not be more lax, which in Oklahoma it has more teeth apparently than it does in some other states. If you stay in your boat then you are legal. The fact is these guys knew they were trespassing and walked in off of a highway into a river bed. They are operating under the theory of begging for forgiveness is better than asking for permission.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby colton341 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Look up the supremacy clause in the constitution.
colton341
hunter

Postby Shrek » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 pm

colton341 wrote:Look up the supremacy clause in the constitution.

Bingo. Beat me to it.
Shrek
hunter

Postby JDog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:18 pm

You will find these kind of a$$hats in any state. But, just for the record, I have no problem with you generalizing Texans as a whole. Boomer!
JDog
hunter

Postby micneador » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Postby jeff_osu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Call the local game warden.
jeff_osu
hunter

Postby CCducker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 pm

You are wrong....why you ask?

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States."

14th Amendment

Not to mention what others already have said...

In Edgar v. MITE Corp., 457 U.S. 624 (1982), the Supreme Court ruled: "A state statute is void to the extent that it actually conflicts with a valid Federal statute." In effect, this means that a State law will be found to violate the supremacy clause when either of the following two conditions (or both) exist

:thumbsup:
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm

CC ducker are you a member of the trespassing group in question? You seem quite offended by this. The rule in Oklahoma stands and regardless of what you all do in Texas you can/will be ticketed and prosecuted if you start walking/wading in waters along private land if caught and the landowner presses charges. It still is insignificant in this instance because this group of guys trespassed on a river line by walking in off of a road and on a crop field. I am not here to stir things up, just to get this issue in the air and inform this group and Texans in general if you are all misinformed about where you can hunt in Oklahoma. Just stay on land you have permission or public and don't play the ignorance card, just being from Texas doesn't make all of you ignorant.

It is a simple issue Hunting is a privilege and not a right, and birds are just that birds. There is no reason to do something illegal to hunt animals, most of us do this as a pastime and we need to treat it as that, not a life or death issue.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:48 pm

JDog wrote:You will find these kind of a$$hats in any state. But, just for the record, I have no problem with you generalizing Texans as a whole. Boomer!

SOONER! :thumbsup:
QUACK WHORE
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:49 pm

joemf1985 wrote: The rule in Oklahoma stands and regardless of what you all do in Texas you can/will be ticketed and prosecuted if you start walking/wading in waters along private land if caught and the landowner presses charges.

Obviously you won't because you've posted in 2 state forums complaining about it and how no one does anything about it

joemf1985 wrote:I am not here to stir things up, just to get this issue in the air and inform this group and Texans in general if you are all misinformed about where you can hunt in Oklahoma

So you just assume that all people who trespass in Oklahoma, from Texas, are on this forum and will read what you wrote and think "man I never knew that, thank goodness this joe guy from Oklahoma educated me so I'll never do it again." You posted this in Texas and Oklahoma hoping to get a rise or you're just ignorant.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:54 pm

joemf1985 wrote:and prosecuted if you start walking/wading in waters along private land if caught and the landowner presses charges.

And if it was accessible by boat from a public launch, landowner will lose.

Did you not understand/read what other people have been trying to explain? You're posting incorrect information, and on this site someone, if not multiple members, are going to correct you when you do that. :lol3:
joemf1985 wrote: State law can surpass Federal Law but not be more lax

Especially when you say something such as that ^^
How the hell did you manage to come up with that statement? That's like saying the states can regulate national parks, as long as the rules are more strict than the existing Federal ones.
joemf1985 wrote:If you step out of the boat and drop decoys and you are standing on firm ground you are trespassing if the bordering ground is private butting up to the navigable water source in Oklahoma.

Another brilliant claim from that post.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:00 pm

joemf1985 wrote:CC ducker are you a member of the trespassing group in question? You seem quite offended by this.

:huh:
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 pm

I literally LOL'ED at the state can't surpass federal
sooner737
hunter

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:05 pm

Dem Tejans is TRESSPASS'N the INSTANT they set a foot 'crost the Red River! :yes:
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter

Next

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting