Duck Hunting Forum banner

Not even a thank you note?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TomKat 
#1 ·
Well somebody finally found my hole. Not sure if they just got tired of seeing my truck parked at the same spot, and/or actually got out of the truck and walked a little. TT and I spent an hour with axes breaking a nice hole in two inch plus ice then using a net to skim out small stuff the other day, knowing giving it a day or so of rest would draw more birds in. Anyway, got to my spot this morning and found the blind kinda tromped down, shell casings scattered about, and big chunks of ice laying on top of the thicker ice where guys had done who knows what (hate chunk ice laying like that - makes the hole look un-natural).

Hope whoever hunted it appreciated all our work. Fully realize it is public; just sucks putting in all that effort to "set up" for a good hunt, only to have somebody else take advantage of it.

#6 ·
LTMFH said:
Welcome to my every hunt.
Oh, I'm used to it as I hunt only public. SOP to do well knowing the throngs will be running over each other the next day trying to get to that spot. In those cases they don't realize maybe my big rig/ good blinds/ experience is the key; they rarely kill anything while I normally whale away in a different spot close by. Next day, the profess starts over.

This spot was different as it is a very non typical spot way out of most public view, and was (repeat was) a sweet spot. Oh well, I knew it was only a matter of time

#7 ·
gadwall_guy said:
Duck Whisperer said:
Hope whoever hunted it appreciated all our work. Fully realize it is public; just sucks putting in all that effort to "set up" for a good hunt, only to have somebody else take advantage of it.
Do you expect them to wait for you to come out there before they hunt?
For this spot, Hades yes, if I am there already hunting, they better not walk in and try to hunt (very small spot). I'd do the same for anybody else, or hunt elsewhere. My point was it sucks putting so much effort........only to not be able to reap the reward. AGAIN, knowing it is public, it's the chance one takes. No biggie; there are plenty of places and ducks out there. Just sad to see my spot finally discovered, as I knew if eventually would.

#10 ·
shoveler_shooter said:
Too bad it was discovered by slobs instead of a normal person.
Aside from not picking up their shells, they didn't do anything bad/wrong. Wasn't trying to imply they were yahoos/DDs, or otherwise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.