Bass Pro one day sale

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Bass Pro one day sale

Postby naddaf20 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:36 pm

Bass pro is sellin winchester # 7, 7.5, 8 2.99/box
It is going to be one day sale. Hope it is not too late, but I just found out. I know they run out fast.
Good luck
naddaf20
hunter

Postby backwater91 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:10 pm

i saw that - i also saw they where selling Nitro steel shot for $3 a box. I went up there to buy every case they had - only to find out that it was a typo.

I didnt figure I was that lucky!
backwater91
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:05 am

I think last year they sold out in 17 minutes. There were people there at 4 am. Doesn't sound worth it to me to save what a dollar a box verses Wal-Mart prices? Especially seeing as I would have to take off work to go to that sale day (Wednesday).

Even the corn at 2.88 a bag (40 lbs.)(with purchase of a $100 feeder) isn't that good of a deal. When I buy it everday at my feed store for 4.40 a bag. Do the math and you'll realize you would have to buy 100 bags or so for it to pay off, but the limit is only ten bags.

I also noticed that the steel shot I shoot is 1.50 cheaper at Wally World vs. Bass Pro.

I love Bass Pro as much as the next guy, but seems if you can buy at Wally World, it is always cheaper.

I guess that is my 2 cents for the day!!!!!!
Gruberguy
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Bass Pro is nice, but most things are a rip-off. Ridiculous prices. They refuse to adjust to Oklahoma prices which are lower than the national average, so everything is overpriced. Walmart and Academy sports have the better prices, so I don't buy anything from bass pro unless it's the only store that has it. On the nitro steel, I noticed bass pro wants $17 for 20ga 3". Walmart has the same thing for around $5 cheaper. Guns really show how expensive bass pro is. They want $400+ for a nova pump when you can get it for $295 at dong's shooting and reloading. Nearly all guns are at least $100 higher than they should cost. I went there to get some deer corn for $2.99.....and found out you have to buy a feeder too. Last year it wasn't like that, the deer corn was $2.99 with no feeder and it was sold out within an hour of opening...this year, however, I didn't see one person buying deer corn. Or a feeder. I think it's stupid to advertise deer corn at 2.99, then in really small letters, "with purchase of feeder". It should be the very opposite, with the feeder on sale and free deer corn to go with it. Makes me kind of mad. :mad: That's ok though, walmart and academy have pretty good prices.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:55 pm

Shoveler.... I am glad to see someone else agrees with me, or has the same amount of money as me!!! LOL.... Really about the only thing I ever buy there is the BPS shirts, and my waders. And that is just because they don't have them at Wal-Mart. I've never been to Academy, I guess I need to.
Gruberguy
hunter

I agree

Postby naddaf20 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:10 pm

I do agree with both of ya, I know prices are way high, but if u just shoot targets, thats a good price 2.99/box :thumbsup: . Tese were game loads.
naddaf20
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:15 am

Yes, the $2.99 for the high brass loads is a good deal. The only things I have bought there are waders, BPS shirts, accessories for my bow, and hunting boots, simply because they are the only place around here that has stuff like that. All the little things like shells and clothing I get at walmart. I am also glad that you agree with me, I thought someone might get mad at me for saying that. :yes:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby naddaf20 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:06 am

shoveler_shooter wrote:Yes, the $2.99 for the high brass loads is a good deal. The only things I have bought there are waders, BPS shirts, accessories for my bow, and hunting boots, simply because they are the only place around here that has stuff like that. All the little things like shells and clothing I get at walmart. I am also glad that you agree with me, I thought someone might get mad at me for saying that. :yes:

There is no reason to be mad at u my friend, it is all good, and fun. I know this place in Okmulgee they are like a family own biz, I really like doing biz with them they sell bows http://www.patsarcheryok.com/ give them a try, their prices are really good.
naddaf20
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:59 am

Guys.. Ebay is a real good place to buy and sell stuff too... I bought some decoys there for about half price.
Gruberguy
hunter

Ebay

Postby naddaf20 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Gruberguy wrote:Guys.. Ebay is a real good place to buy and sell stuff too... I bought some decoys there for about half price.

yea u right but I heared that they are going to change thier policy inregard of gun's and Knive's itmes. :mad:
naddaf20
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:01 pm

What are they gonna do? I know you can't buy or sell guns or ammo now.. it would be neat if ya' could though... I am not sure about knives.
Gruberguy
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting