Scouting reports....

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Scouting reports....

Postby Gruberguy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:11 am

I know it is early, but has anyone seen any teal? Numbers on doves?

I have yet to see a teal, seen a few doves, saw more of them a month ago than I do now.
Gruberguy
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:32 pm

I haven't been around the house much lately, but I see 2 or 3 doves flying around whenever I am here. Have seen many geese, but no teal. :hammer:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Deano » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Haven't seen any teal yet but depending on where I'm at have seen a lot of doves. Lots of them the farther west you go. :-( Trying to find a spot between Tulsa and KS where I can take my 10 year old for opening day morning.

Deano
Deano
hunter

Postby noodle » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:54 pm

Ya I have seen teal on this little pond I go by every morning to work, not a big bunch probably 12 and they have a family of canadas there too.
Gump, GET DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!!
noodle
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Been seeing pretty good numbers of doves up north, by the state line and seeing some teal here and there. We seen several teal on ponds around hulah lake while turkey hunting this year, so I know they are here. :thumbsup:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby eric orsburn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:02 pm

ive seen a few doves and about sixty geese in groups of 20or 30.man dont know about you guys but im pumped.
shoot first ask questions later
eric orsburn
hunter

Postby Big Guns » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:28 am

Did some scouting last night northwest OKC during dusk, saw large number of green heads and teal feeding in flooded fields near canadian river. Waterfowl numbers look great for about a 3 mile path along river, was really suprised on the amount of birds.
Big Guns
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:12 am

Dove hunted this morning with my dad and I shot 8 and he shot 9 or 10. We could have limited out but my grandpa wants to go with us this afternoon so we shot a little over half our limit. There were tons of doves, about 1000 in my estimations. Will tell you how we do... :thumbsup: :smile:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby eric orsburn » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:57 pm

got one goose out of a group of fifty. only seen one dove . hopefully better luck tommrow. good luck every one.
shoot first ask questions later
eric orsburn
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 am

We went back at about 3:30 or 4:00 and we got the rest of our limits. Only took 20-30min to get mine. I used way too many shells in the morning but did good in the afternoon. There were still thousands of doves. We will probably go back tomorrow morning. If anyone else wants to go, look in the tulsa world in sporting goods, then "dove hunt in tulsa-owasso area". It's on a 80 acre wheat field and today only 20 hunters signed up. $50 per hunter. I will also trying to get some friends to go with me, this should be fun...hopefully there will still be doves around. :hammer:
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:45 am

We didn't feel like paying more money so we went to skiatook instead... there was nothing in the bull creek field because they didn't plant anything to begin with, nothing in the wildhorse creek fields either. We may go to Oologah this afternoon and check there.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:27 pm

I've seen good numbers of doves.. and a couple of groups of geese, quite a few teal. We killed descent numbers of doves Monday, haven't tried to hunt any geese, and I can't wait for teal!!!!
Gruberguy
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting