DOVE?

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

DOVE?

Postby BadlabinBville » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Where are they? Scouted all NE ok and couldn't find them. Have they already gone through or are they not here yet?
BadlabinBville
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Depends on where you looked. If you looked at public land around lakes, there isn't gonna be any there, it was all underwater a month ago. If it was private land, be sure it was harvested at the right time. I hunted on saturday morning and afternoon and limited out on a pay hunt, there were lots of doves. There are still doves there, and there's going to be another hunt next Friday and possibly saturday. If there is going to be one on saturady afternoon I'm signing up for it. Hopefully the doves will still be around. There is still about 1000 there, and I don't think they will be leaving soon. :thumbsup: They are giving the field a rest for a week so the doves will get more comfortable and in greater numbers by friday. If you can't find a place to go you may want to go here, it's near Owasso/Tulsa, look in the tulsa world - sporting goods - dove hunt in owasso/tulsa area. :thumbsup:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby BadlabinBville » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks! Might check it out.

We have spent many hours scouting and couldn't come up with anything. They would be here then they left last thursday.
BadlabinBville
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:09 am

We did pretty good, a farmer had a wheat field that he baled instead of harvested. There were lots of doves on it Monday, that is even after some guys hunted it over the weekend.
Gruberguy
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting