Cabela's OKC

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Cabela's OKC

Postby OkieDuckFever » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:22 am

http://www.okcfox.com/story/25692204/cabelas-plans-fall-2015-opening-in-oklahoma-city

Looks like a done deal for real this time. I will miss the tax free internet buys, but I like the idea of having another big store to walk through and browse.
OkieDuckFever
hunter

Re: Cabela's OKC

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 pm

:sad:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby duck501 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Will not be live it till its on Cabela's web sit. That point still don,t be live it till it brakes ground.
duck501
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Too far north for me, I'll still go to the Fort Worth store
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:37 am

duck501 wrote:Will not be live it till its on Cabela's web sit. That point still don,t be live it till it brakes ground.

True. Over the years there has been multiple rumors and none of them panned out.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:12 am

shoveler_shooter wrote:
duck501 wrote:Will not be live it till its on Cabela's web sit. That point still don,t be live it till it brakes ground.

True. Over the years there has been multiple rumors and none of them panned out.

Agreed, if it's not on their site I don't believe it either. "Supposed" to be one in Tulsa hills also.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby OkieDuckFever » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:10 am

OkieDuckFever
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 pm

HOTTDDAAMMM
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:57 pm

LiquidA45 wrote:HOTTDDAAMMM

No
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 am

GREAT NEWS!!

The store's location will only be about 5-6 miles from my casa.

I don't really understand the negative sentiment, due to the loss of tax free internet sales. Aren't there about a dozen other places online that you can order the same products from??? It isn't like Cabelas has a monopoly on any of this stuff.
QUACK WHORE
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:05 pm

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:I don't really understand the negative sentiment, due to the loss of tax free internet sales. Aren't there about a dozen other places online that you can order the same products from??? It isn't like Cabelas has a monopoly on any of this stuff.

It's convenient buying everything from one place and paying one shipping fee instead of 3.
I do prefer to buy from Roger's but they are a pretty specialized store.
And in case you haven't noticed, sales tax in this state is very high. We have the 7th highest rate in the nation and my county is higher than the statewide average. When you make a purchase worth a couple hundred dollars or more it adds up. I don't make very much $$ at the present time so it is an important factor to me. And when I do have a higher income it'll still matter cuz I'm a freakin tightwad.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:41 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:
MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:I don't really understand the negative sentiment, due to the loss of tax free internet sales. Aren't there about a dozen other places online that you can order the same products from??? It isn't like Cabelas has a monopoly on any of this stuff.

It's convenient buying everything from one place and paying one shipping fee instead of 3.
I do prefer to buy from Roger's but they are a pretty specialized store.
And in case you haven't noticed, sales tax in this state is very high. We have the 7th highest rate in the nation and my county is higher than the statewide average. When you make a purchase worth a couple hundred dollars or more it adds up. I don't make very much $$ at the present time so it is an important factor to me. And when I do have a higher income it'll still matter cuz I'm a freakin tightwad.

If you go to Mack's Prairie Wings, I bet they have everything duck hunting related that you could want (from a single source). And like you already mentioned, there's Roger's - pretty much the best pricing you can find.

And for the tax thing - I'm a retired Army LTC and I've lived all over the U.S. (and Europe). OK is not bad at all for the amount of $ they're trying to tax you. Between property tax, income tax and sales tax, many states bogart WAAAAAAAAAAY more than OK does.
QUACK WHORE
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:13 pm

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:If you go to Mack's Prairie Wings, I bet they have everything duck hunting related that you could want (from a single source). And like you already mentioned, there's Roger's - pretty much the best pricing you can find.

When I said specialized I meant in duck hunting. When I order something non-waterfowl related it often comes from Cabelas.
But all in all it's not that big of a deal.
I have ordered from MPW in the past but they seem to get beat by other stores price-wise.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 am

On the positive side of things, some times I just feel like buying 1 box of decoys so it will be nice to be able to go to Cabela's instead of Bass Pro (assuming I lived in OKC and/or the build a store in Tulsa/BA)
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby ACooper » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Cabela's is a big step up from BP IMO, but unless we can get a Scheel's or go back in time when we had Sportsman's Warehouse, I'm not getting too excited.
ACooper
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:19 pm

ACooper wrote:Cabela's is a big step up from BP IMO,

That is true, Ass Pro is pretty much a 100% yuppie store. Of course Cabelas kinda is too, but at least they have good deals from time to time and have a much broader selection.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:37 am

shoveler_shooter wrote:
ACooper wrote:Cabela's is a big step up from BP IMO,

That is true, Ass Pro is pretty much a 100% yuppie store. Of course Cabelas kinda is too, but at least they have good deals from time to time and have a much broader selection.

Biggest pro of Cabelas is the bargain bin.
LiquidA45
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting