Controlled Draw Hunts

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Re: Controlled Draw Hunts

Postby Specklebelly » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Dukdukguse wrote:Specklebelly, I also drew in SWR for 10-11 dec. hunt. Good luck, may see you there!

That is awesome. Look forward to meeting you.

I have been doing some research and it looks like Sallisaw is about the closest town with a hotel. I was going to look at staying at Tenkiller but that may be a rough two long and cold nights for a tent camp. Fifteen years ago I would have been all over it, but not any more as I am getting older.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
Dukdukguse wrote:Specklebelly, I also drew in SWR for 10-11 dec. hunt. Good luck, may see you there!

I have been doing some research and it looks like Sallisaw is about the closest town with a hotel. I was going to look at staying at Tenkiller but that may be a rough two long and cold nights for a tent camp. Fifteen years ago I would have been all over it, but not any more as I am getting older.

Vian (~4 miles north) has/had a small motel and Webbers Falls/Gore (~10 miles away) has several.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:

Vian (~4 miles north) has/had a small motel and Webbers Falls/Gore (~10 miles away) has several.

Yep. There was a motel with a mexican name in Vian but I forgot what it is, no idea if it's still open or not.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

I didn't put in.... 2 out of 3 of my boys did.... Drew Okmulgee GMA 11-8 and 9th and Tenkiller 11-14-16th... Both 2 deer gun hunts... Time to fill the freezer!!!
Gruberguy
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting