Controlled Draw Hunts

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: Controlled Draw Hunts

Postby Specklebelly » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Dukdukguse wrote:Specklebelly, I also drew in SWR for 10-11 dec. hunt. Good luck, may see you there!

That is awesome. Look forward to meeting you.

I have been doing some research and it looks like Sallisaw is about the closest town with a hotel. I was going to look at staying at Tenkiller but that may be a rough two long and cold nights for a tent camp. Fifteen years ago I would have been all over it, but not any more as I am getting older.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
Dukdukguse wrote:Specklebelly, I also drew in SWR for 10-11 dec. hunt. Good luck, may see you there!

I have been doing some research and it looks like Sallisaw is about the closest town with a hotel. I was going to look at staying at Tenkiller but that may be a rough two long and cold nights for a tent camp. Fifteen years ago I would have been all over it, but not any more as I am getting older.

Vian (~4 miles north) has/had a small motel and Webbers Falls/Gore (~10 miles away) has several.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:

Vian (~4 miles north) has/had a small motel and Webbers Falls/Gore (~10 miles away) has several.

Yep. There was a motel with a mexican name in Vian but I forgot what it is, no idea if it's still open or not.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

I didn't put in.... 2 out of 3 of my boys did.... Drew Okmulgee GMA 11-8 and 9th and Tenkiller 11-14-16th... Both 2 deer gun hunts... Time to fill the freezer!!!
Gruberguy
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting