Starting to get anxious

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Starting to get anxious

Postby duckshot58 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 am

Ive got my decoys painted, the holes in my waders patched, and a new flat of steel shot ready to go! All I have left to do is get my stamp, waterfowl license, and wait until it cools off outside to start working on blinds. I’d probably better go to the shooting range to get all the misses out of my gun too..

About 5 weeks until dove, 7 weeks until teal. Anybody else starting to get anxious?
duckshot58
hunter

Re: Starting to get anxious

Postby LTMFH » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Last weeks cool spell gave me the itch. This week not so much.
LTMFH
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 pm

A friend and I shot about a box of shells each at some clays this afternoon, first time this year. Both of us are satisfied for the time being, probably gonna do 2-3 more practices before dove season. No sense in trying to perfect our shooting this early when there's still 5-6 weeks to go.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby don novicki » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Not anymore. Used to start getting revved up in June but anymore I don't get excited until the night before the opener, and I mean the REAL opener in Oct.......... :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby micneador » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Been shooting 100 rounds every week for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully I can go 6 for 6 opener of teal.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 pm

I am definitely starting to get anxious now. Made a couple orders, more decoys on the way, one more order next month and I will have everything. Not sure if I will be hunting teal or residents more next month...hoping I can get into some residents.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby micneador » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:23 pm

I've happened upon a group of residents that have been using the same pasture since may, I've got the access to it.Just hope they stay till opener.

Had to hold off on the layout boat for the time being, hopefully I can have it by the time regular season opens up.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting