"snow geese spotted on the lower columbia"

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

"snow geese spotted on the lower columbia"

Postby hunter97051 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:15 pm

Hey everyone, :welcome: i work right on the columbia across the mult. channel from the tip of S.I. at the veneer plant down town. One of the guys in my duck club works at Stimpson lumbers log yard in col. city. He called me on tuesday all exited and said he just seen two large flocks of snows heading up river. :withstupid: I have hunted waterfowl for 19 years in scappoose on the dike and on S.I. and i had only seen snows twice and it was pretty late in dec. if i remember correctly. i told him he must have been mistaken and he had just seen some immature swans. He said all white with black tips on the wings so i just let him belive. Today i was out in our log yard working on a machine that was broke down, only to look up and see a flock of about 45 to 50 of snows. I just about feel off the loader tring to get a better look and they were definitely "snows". All the gamies on the island may be right when they say we are going to have a good year with lots of early birds..... :salude: :laughing:
"TAKE EM"!!! "TAKE EM"!!! MAN HOW DID YA MISS ALL THEM! THE DOGS LOOKIN PRETTY UPSET HE ONLY SHAKES OFF ON GUYS THAT MISS
hunter97051
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting