chucker hunting in Oregon

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

chucker hunting in Oregon

Postby JimboPDX » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:28 pm

Can somebody point me in the direction of some chucker hunting spots? I was thinking the Deschutes River area but not sure of specific places to go. Can you hunt them at Maupin, Mecca Flats, Trout Creek? Any other places I might want to try?
Fins, feathers, or fur....it's going down!
JimboPDX
hunter

Postby Dalros » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:11 pm

Hey there Jimbo,

Try heading a little farther away...ok more than a little and head down to Juntura. That stretch between Juntura and Vale is a pretty good spot. It's better if you have a partner and two rigs. You can park one rig on top and hunt DOWN to the other one. Believe me...both you and your dog will love this advice at the end of the day. I'll add that with the weather getting cold right now you might not need to as the birds will already be driven down to the lower elevations.

Good Luck!

Dave

PS - if you go and just happen to bump into a bunch of old Greek guys out there driving around in an H1 tell the one named Harry that he shoots like a girl :laughing:
Sure thing Hun, I'll get right on that...right after hunting season!
Dalros
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting