OPENER.............

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

OPENER.............

Postby jmike » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:26 pm

WELL GUYS ITS OFFICIAL ....WERE HEADED TO UMITILLA FOR THE 16 TH OPENER , WE HAVE A #9 DRAW ON SAT AND A # 25 ON SUN ..........MAN AM I JAZZED TO HIT THE ROAD , HOPIN TO GET SOME BIG OLE GREEN HEADS , LAST 2 YEARS WHEN WE HEADED OVER EARLY IT WAS MAINLEY A TEAL SHOOT , BUT A LIMIT OF TEAL BEATS SITTIN AT HOME COMPLAINING ABOUT THE WEATHER , OR LACK OF WEATHER , REMBER U CANT KILLEM FROM THE COUCH ................JMIK :getdown:
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Umatilla

Postby fun4jake » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:04 pm

jmike,
If I get my deer in time. I will be hunting over there this weekend some time. Wont be hitting the refuge cuz I have another spot thats free and no hunting pressure. Good luck. May see you out in the mud and muck. Are you going to be there all weekend??
fun4jake
hunter

hey jake

Postby jmike » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:42 am

yea , we have draws for both th 16 th and 17 th ................however if somthing better pops up , plans can be changed i will have my boat along too , we use it to haul all the deks and gear around , i have a short bed p/u by the time the dog box is in there i dont have room for much else , we stay at the dodge city motel , let me know if your gonna be there may be we can hook up , even if its just for a beer or soda ..........jmike :salude: p.s. hope you get your buck!!!
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

umatilla

Postby fun4jake » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:07 pm

Well I got my buck. 4point thats pretty nice. No trophy but the biggest I ever shot. Now that I have been driving to eastern oregon for the last 3 weekends I cant afford another trip right now. Good luck. Oh yeah Jmike you have mail.
fun4jake
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting