Closing the Delta

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Closing the Delta

Postby jmike » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:55 am

Yo Tony ....where did you hear that they are closing the Sandy river Delta I have ben hunting out ther for the past 20 years ..we always boat in ..but what when and where is the meeting .....after all the work D.U . has put in out there it would be a shame to loose the area to hunting ....................hell only a verey small part is open to hunting anyway.......post up my man as a group we are strong , I will be callin the dept of Foristery on Tuesday to see whats up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mike :thumbsdown:
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby tonynchessie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:07 pm

Did a little more research and found out that they may just make you have dogs on leash. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me lettin her loose to get birds, but you never know. I don't think they (USFS) can't do anything if you're below the mean water line. But, I'm a hiker and need the parking and a leash is the last think the dog wants.
The meeting will be Tuesday, November 29th:
Glen Otto Park
Sam Cox Building
208 Historic Columbia River Hwy.
6:00-8:00 pm
I picked up a flyer put out by Happy Trails which is an off-lead dog park advocate group.
I hunt there every weekend atleast one day and every chance I can get outta work. This is my first year huntin Oregon and I'm lovin it even though my bird count is low.
tonynchessie
hunter

Postby tonynchessie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:48 pm

I had to head outta town and couldn't make the meeting. Anyone go or hear anything. :thumbsdown:
tonynchessie
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting