Duck Hunting Forum banner

Sauvie Island success

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  H.O.G 
#1 ·
I went out to the Eastside on Sauvie yesterday (12/15) and didn't get set up until 8:05am. So Jimmy, Cody, and I sat out there for three hours or so with no birds flying anywhere near our deeks (we shot 3 teal that came in singles and a double).
Cody and Jimmy decided to walk around to find more birds...I stayed in the blind... 20 minutes later a flock of 3 teal came in and I took one. Cody and Jimmy came back after hearing my shot, just in time. Within a 10 minute time span, we took 17 teal! One flock that decoyed had fifty birds or so and we dropped 9! Fastest three limits I've ever seen. We were hoping for greenheads but it turned out to be a teal day, so we took teal. I hope the big birds haven't left the island!

Seth

#3 ·
We hunted the East Side yesterday. Mud Hen #12, no success. We did pick up a hen Widgeon that must have had a heartattack after #9 shot down her partner. On the way out we found the guys and returned her to them. Of course it seems that you can never go out there and not get stuck next to a blind of boneheads that like to shoot at ducks 70 yds high and over your decoys. Mudhens blind's are way to close in my opinion. We were litterally hit with shot twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.