how's the hunting @ Fern Ridge,etc.

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

how's the hunting @ Fern Ridge,etc.

Postby goosecaller dude » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:21 pm

looking to hunt new areas out of the snow, I hunt Klamath and local. how is fern ridge, etc. maybe join a club. I live medford area looking north off I-5 some where. when the storms are in it is hard to get over to K. falls hwy 140 gets slick and nasty, getting to damn old I guess and lazy :yes:thanks
goosecaller dude
hunter

Postby JC Ducker » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:52 pm

goosecaller--Fern Ridge can be great when fresh birds are in the area. Right now, water is everywhere, fields and flooding rivers. The birds are spread out and educated about the hunting areas. Definitely not worth the drive...I hunted Denman refuge in White City several years ago and killed a few birds...might be worth a look..
JC Ducker
Newb

local

Postby goosecaller dude » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:32 pm

tired of the local areas shoot birds down here, Yes! a few :thumbsup: want to learn more areas. to many people moving in and nowhere to go but same places .what used to be quiet few bodies ,now to many people and busting. have private land but losing it to sales :thumbsdown: Thanks and good shooting :salude:
goosecaller dude
hunter

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:08 pm

Fern Ridge has alot of birds,but there rafting hard in the middle and the ones that want to work get spooked by the sky busters that won't let them work.
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting