Sauvie island water levels??

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Sauvie island water levels??

Postby H.O.G » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:36 pm

Has anyone been out to the West side this week? I am just curious if the blinds will be accessible tomorrow.
H.O.G
hunter

Postby Fredg » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Some are some aren't, call for the duck report and it will tell ya what hunt areas did well, you might be able to gather up some info that way. I was there hunting North Unit on Monday.
No Folding Until The Feet Are Down

Fred G
Bob

God Bless Chuck Heston
Fredg
hunter

Postby jmike » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:42 pm

ON Sunday the 7 th.....there were a few blinds that you could walk to...the columbia was at 9.3 feet....this am the river was at 12 feet .....since the west side is affected by the river levels there aint gonna be much.....good luck ...let us know how it was I headed out on sunday....mike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby jmike » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:44 pm

8:43 p.p thursday jan 12 ...columbia is 14.6 feet.......
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

be careful this weekend

Postby gracenjohn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:22 pm

http://ahps2.wrh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.p ... ,1,1,1,1,1

try the above link for river levels, flood stages, and the like.
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby H.O.G » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:08 am

Thanks for the help guys. I will check it out tomorrow, but it looks like we'll probably end up on the East side.
H.O.G
hunter

Postby H.O.G » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:09 pm

I didn't even bother heading to the West side this morning. We went to the East Side and nothing has changed. There are very few birds being shot on the island. We did stop by the West side before heading home and all I can say is WOW! It looks like the check station is sitting on the bank of the columbia. There isn't any dry ground over there. They said that it was all boat access only. I am thinking that today was the last day I am going out there for this season unless a miracle occurs and we get hit with an arctic storm in the next 2 weeks. :toofunny:

I did manage to snag my chest waders on some barbed wire right before putting the dekes out and then my buddy loaded my winduk and broke the wing. What a way to end the season! :thumbsup:
H.O.G
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting