I'm Done For The Year! It's Been Fun!

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

I'm Done For The Year! It's Been Fun!

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Well, the river is blown all to heck, Sauvie is flooded, and there isn't enough time left this season to bother with scouting new areas....so i guess i'm going to hang 'em for this year and quit while i have lots of memories of feet down shooting and piles of limits fresh in my head. no sense in beating myself up to scrap out one Bufflehead for a days work when i've had such a great season, one the best recently, fresh in my mind.

It's been a good one..maybe i'll try to scrape up a grouse or two before end of january.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby H.O.G » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:07 am

I'm with ya buddy. My gear has been cleaned and hung up already. Time to start peparing for bow season!
H.O.G
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:02 pm

not me after next weekend ill throw in the towl my season hasent been worth a crap this year im usually layed off for part of the season but not this year i took a different job with more stability so i could get more deeks

but next weekend im heading to madras and going to killem all :thumbsup:
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:34 pm

kill a few for me man....good luck out there.

:salude:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Thank you Ed!

Postby JimboPDX » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:57 am

Ed,

I want to thank you for all your help this year! :thumbsup: From well before the year started you were a wealth of knowledge getting me from spanking new newbie to now having 16 hunts under my belt! :yes: Your patience and guidance was very much appreciated. Our hunts on the lower river will be burned into my memory forever. :hammering:

I hope we can get together in the off season to drink a beer and hang out. :salude: I am sure I will see you at the waterfowl festival too! Perhaps you are willing to do a few calling classes for us kazoo players during the off season? :umm:

Once again....Thank you Ed...It was a great first season!
Fins, feathers, or fur....it's going down!
JimboPDX
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:14 pm

You've got my number Jim. feel free to call anytime. I'm sure you'll see me at the festival this year.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby BrotherWolf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:17 pm

Ed
I know what your saying after yeterdays hunt I called it after about three hours of nothing and sitting thinking about all the great hunts this year I knew it was coming to an end (how could I forget my wife has been drilling me about it daily)....LOL But did walk out with 3 birds. The best part of yesterday was driving out to the old stompng grounds(where I grew up) to see if there were any ducks there, well like I thought there were about three hundred greenheads in there(sheet water city) . So I went up to the old house to ask permssion to go shoot some ducks and left with my tail between my legs..ugh... the lady was a real B......she pretty much kicked me off the porch for asking...... But I did run across a game management area that I didnt know was there...hehe....so I can only hope I get permission to hunt there next season.
The Best is yet to come!
Member of
D.U
Team Wolf C.E.O
BrotherWolf
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm

It took a while but i rembered just why i love central oregon hunting! saturday I killed a few wegion and a hole lot of mergs of coarse i gave all of them away but the goose hunting was great the birds were almost brain dead they had no pressure from any serious goose hunterand they locked up and came in with no problem it was great and i have one more weekend and forsure ill be hang it up :salude:
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting