Last day....How was it?

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Last day....How was it?

Postby H.O.G » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:50 pm

I went down to the coast and hunted Trestle Bay this morning. After hunting S.I. so much this season I had forgotten what it was like to have an area to myself. There wasn't a ton of ducks, but I sure had a good time shooting at the ones that were there. We ended up shooting 6 total and missed several more. It was pretty windy and alot of rain, I loved it! The best thing about this spot is that no one ever hunts it. We actually had ducks decoying all morning. I hadn't seen that in awhile. I am glad that I pulled the gun back out of the closet, it was definately worth the drive and a good way to end the season. :thumbsup:
H.O.G
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:02 pm

my last day was a couple of weeks ago...glad to hear you got out for one more. i've often thought of hunting trestle bay, but never got that far down.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby DrQuinnDiesel » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Fella's

Picked up my Dad this morning and headed down to the Woodburn area for a last day hunt. We only saw two mallards about 80 yards off. That was it!! There were very few geese flying. Zero ducks but a fun day with my Pa. Looking forward to next season :yes:

PS: Where is Trestle Bay?
KEEP YOUR SHOTS WITHIN 40 YARDS!!!!
DrQuinnDiesel
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:50 pm

Incredible

never has the pond been able to decoy birds this late in the season. the highlight of the day was a beautiful drake pintail cupped and in the pond.
10 ducks total, 4 were mine.
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting