Northwest DHC meeting

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Northwest DHC meeting

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:38 am

What do you guys think about having a little DHC members get-together? We can have a BBQ and maybe some other little events. If we meet in Ellensburg we all can go to my buddys' place and shoot some birds. A couple of guys have been to the shoot with me, and trust me, it is a blast. Maybe in a couple of months or something. Just some food for thought. Let me know what you guys think and maybe we will start thinking of a date.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:56 pm

sounds good...let's stay away from May though. got a new little 'un due around the first week. maybe mid june'ish?
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:57 pm

June sounds good. It's kinda of a long drive, but it would be pretty fun. If we do it in E-burg I will spend what I would on gas towards food. We can use my grill too.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:44 am

ok...so where the heck is ellensberg and what sort of birds are we shooting?

:getdown:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby choclab » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:20 am

Mostely pigeons and some other grain thiefs. Ellensburg is smack dab in the middle of Wa. I was thinking we could have the bbq at a lake. A one day fishing license is around 10 bucks I think, plus we could bowfish from the boat or something. After the bbq we can go to my buddys feedlot and help remove about 2,000 unwanted guests :yes:
choclab
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:48 pm

a 3 day hunting licenes is around $30 for us oregon guys and then $10 for a one day fishing licenes thats 40$ plus gas and lodging !

I think ill stay home and save my money for a mid winter Goose hunt in Pasco WA on a friends corn farm :thumbsup:

Thanks though
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:07 am

i could skip the bowfishing, but 30 bucks is less than a round of 100 sporting clays..and this sounds like a lot more fun. probably find a few guys to carpool and save the gas.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby choclab » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:13 am

No hunting license required.
choclab
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:28 pm

you have to have a hunting license to shoot varments so why not pigeons
i know in oregon their is a season on pigeons and it's not untill fall
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:02 pm

OH - that is for band tailed pidgeons. I believe the species Choc is talking about is the Rock Dove AKA common pidgeon. They are prolific in and around public parks and are a nuisance to farmers. i don't believe that there are any regulations regarding these species.

a hunting license may be required, but i don't think that there is any seasons or bag limits on them.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby spencerusmc » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:56 pm

I have been out with Choclab a few times, and it really is a good time shootin these birds you guys should really consider coming up for this little event, I am sure we can find plenty to keep us busy fishing, beer, killin these feed criminals, beer, and i am sure that we can all come up with some pretty decent stuff to BBQ, oh yeah and by the way beer is pretty good 2! :salude: :salude:. It would be kinda nice to get some DHC guys together, just to bs and all.
A good hunting partner is harder to find than a good friend. (Rick Ross)
spencerusmc
hunter

Postby hunter97051 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:17 pm

sounds like fun, maybe you could check with the washington fish and game and find out for sure what the regs might be. i would be happy to car pool. i have a trap thrower that will throw two birds at a time, we could have a shoot at clays also.... just about any given weekend will be good for me. :cool: :salude:
"TAKE EM"!!! "TAKE EM"!!! MAN HOW DID YA MISS ALL THEM! THE DOGS LOOKIN PRETTY UPSET HE ONLY SHAKES OFF ON GUYS THAT MISS
hunter97051
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:58 pm

I have also been to joshs place and shot pigeons, it was a blast.

Swamp- let me know if you need a place to stay, I am actually about an hour and a half from his house, but on your way. You guys are more than welcome to stay here, I have a couple extra bedrooms.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:55 pm

hey...i'll take you up on that. lodging would be one of the biggest hold ups for me.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:20 am

Swamp- Depending on what the salmon fishing situation is around here you might have to tag along in the early morning chasing some fish, in the columbia you won't need a WA license though.. We may be a little late to the event depending on what time they have it....

My new sled is becoming an obsession! :)
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:58 pm

awwww man...that sounds like a real drag. :thumbsup:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby choclab » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:32 pm

Hey Oregonians......I think we are gonna try and shoot for June 10th. There should be a sticky with all the info in the Wa. forum soon.
choclab
hunter

Postby BrotherWolf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:24 pm

hmmmm not sure If I can pencil that one in yet!
The Best is yet to come!
Member of
D.U
Team Wolf C.E.O
BrotherWolf
hunter

Postby choclab » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:53 pm

I talked to the game warden today and he said you DO NOT need a H.L. to kill pigeons. They are considered unclassedified wildlife. No limits, no H.L., and no season.
choclab
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting