Oregon Delta Waterfowl Chapter

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Oregon Delta Waterfowl Chapter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:28 am

A friend of mine is looking into starting up a DELTA chapter in Oregon. I am just curious as to how many people would be interested in joining. I believe they need to see a certain amount of interest before granting a chapter.

anyone??
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby daffyblaster » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:59 am

Yeah, I'd be interested. Don't have alot of time with two jobs and 3rd kid coming any day now, but I would find a way to contribute.
daffyblaster
hunter

Postby BrotherWolf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:03 pm

wow dont all jump in line at the same time..LOL... I would join but already commited in the D.U chapter IM in.
The Best is yet to come!
Member of
D.U
Team Wolf C.E.O
BrotherWolf
hunter

Postby C_DUbb » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Probably wont mean much beings I am on the east side, but I have thought about it.

C Dubb
Callem in your face close!!
And
Do em
UGLY!!!
C_DUbb
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:42 pm

I was also going to start a chapter in eastern OR but every body was afraid of it the DU chapter in Pendleton and Hermiston really scared people off but Delta is the way to go !!! More money goes to the chapter for your hard work!!! :thumbsup:
Killem
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BrotherWolf » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Oregon Honker wrote:I was also going to start a chapter in eastern OR but every body was afraid of it the DU chapter in Pendleton and Hermiston really scared people off but Delta is the way to go !!! More money goes to the chapter for your hard work!!! :thumbsup:

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW THAT IS?????? PLEASE?????
The Best is yet to come!
Member of
D.U
Team Wolf C.E.O
BrotherWolf
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:08 pm

It sounds to me like the gun give away was riged at the banquets along with all the major prizes all you had to do is be a sponsor and you won!!
I never went but I have a friend that was a sponsor and he allways won every year.with all the other sponsors kinda funny isent! he also told me last week at the RMEF banquet that they diddent want to get the Rep that DU had it was not DU's fault just the chapter and what they did pissed alot of people off!

My buddie did walk away with alot of nice prizes though! In 1 year he got 2 Benelli Nova shotguns!!!!!!!!!
Killem
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BrotherWolf » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:13 am

At our chapter there is a gun for every 5 sponsors in the sponsor drawing....so if ya got 10 sponsors theres two guns if ya got 20 sponsors theres 4 guns etc.etc... we had 40 sponsors at our banquet last year.... theres no way at ours it can be rigged because its a drawing We put the names of all the sponsors on a list and call them up to the prize table then they get to draw out of a bucket and what ever number they draw thats the prize they get of the table all prizes are numberd. That way ever one has a chance at getting a gun instead of them being the first things to go. Not all the prizes are that great.

I have been a sponsor for 5 years and have only won one gun. You can bid on guns in the silent auction, get tickets for the general raffle and be the highest bidder on the dinner gun
The Best is yet to come!
Member of
D.U
Team Wolf C.E.O
BrotherWolf
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:57 am

no DU/Delta bashing in here...go to Ifish to do that crap. both are good organizations. :salude:

PM me for the contact info if you are interested in joining the local chapter.

-Ed
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby BrotherWolf » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:21 pm

We werent bashing just talking! Master Swamp Puppy
The Best is yet to come!
Member of
D.U
Team Wolf C.E.O
BrotherWolf
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 pm

I dont think we were bashing at all just talking and if you read what i wrote i wasent bashing at all DU and Delta are good orgnizations helping the hunters just like all RMEF,Pheasnnts Forever,ORHA ect :thumbsup:
Killem
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting