Dog trainer???? willamet Valley

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Dog trainer???? willamet Valley

Postby Nelly » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 pm

OK, I might have touched on this subject some other time but anyways I could use some help with my dog (training) when we move back to the Willamete Valley I won't get into her issue's but I'm looking for a GOOD trainer to help me keep her on the right track and to help me help her to be a better dog (duck hunting). So if anyone knows a good trianer and has some insight please let me know. I have a guy in medford but once we move back the Valley that will be a long drive so I'm looking for a local trainer or at least an hour or so away....
thanks guys.
C.W.
Oh yeah how do you post a pic? I was going to put a pic of my little girl (my dog) but I coould not figure it out.

[/img]
Nelly
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:53 am

Butch Higgins out in Rainier has a good reputation. Parkdale Kennels is the name. he ain't cheap, but you can talk to him and see his dogs work at the Waterfowl Festival. He usually does a seminar on training too.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Nelly » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:05 pm

Thanks :salude: , I will have to look into him But seeing that he is spendy I will look for others also but will see. My girl does not need much more work for my standards I just want alittle bit of help with some things.
thanks. Thanks C.W.
Nelly
hunter

Postby Duckboy23 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:31 am

I to would agree, you can't go wrong with Butch. I now have 5 labs that all came from him. He didn't train them all but you can't get a more personable guy to deal with plus his facility's are awesome.
I've hunted almost everyday of my life....the rest have been wasted.
Duckboy23
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting