hunting from a pontoon raft

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

hunting from a pontoon raft

Postby slingshot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Has anybody had any experience with this? it would be for the yamhill mostly. Maybe some willamette. Just for floating up on ducks. im low on funds (fourteen years old) and having trouble securing a place to hunt. Thanks much.
slingshot
hunter

Re: hunting from a pontoon raft

Postby ProZach » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I WOULD NOT RUN A PERSONAL PONTOON ON THE WILLAMETTE IN THE WINTER. IM SURE YOU COULD SNEAK UP ON SOME BIRDS BUT TO ME ITS A BIT RISKY. IF YOU COULD, I WOULD RUN IT IN A SLOUGH, POND, OR LAKE. THE ARE EASY TO CAMMO UP AND I DONT SEE WHY YOU COULDT SHOOT SOME BIRDS FROM ONE, BUT BOBBING DOWN THE RIVER DOESNT SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA.
ProZach
Newb

Postby slingshot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:36 pm

ProZach wrote:I WOULD NOT RUN A PERSONAL PONTOON ON THE WILLAMETTE IN THE WINTER. IM SURE YOU COULD SNEAK UP ON SOME BIRDS BUT TO ME ITS A BIT RISKY. IF YOU COULD, I WOULD RUN IT IN A SLOUGH, POND, OR LAKE. THE ARE EASY TO CAMMO UP AND I DONT SEE WHY YOU COULDT SHOOT SOME BIRDS FROM ONE, BUT BOBBING DOWN THE RIVER DOESNT SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA.

what about the yamhill?
slingshot
hunter

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 pm

i wouldnt use one in the willamette in any conditions except summer, just stick out for a small tin or something
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting