new to oregon duck busting

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

new to oregon duck busting

Postby blue68rs » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 pm

hey everyone,
im new to hunting ducks here in oregon.
i was wondering if anyone had some advise on a decent place to go. this year i was wanting to take my 7yr old son for his first time.
so i was looking for a decent place to go. i was gonna try the fern ridge area but i heard that they drain the lake. plus i have gotten mixed reviews from people.
so any help will be appreciated. thanks

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
blue68rs
Newb

Re: new to oregon duck busting

Postby duckstoppa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Drive, Find ducks, Kill em.
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby Antonio Zoli » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Cruise over to the "iFish" hunting forum and search for threads on Fern Ridge - there's a recent discussion up right now.

Good luck to you.

BTW . . . ample supply of snacks and hot chocolate will make your mornings in the blind much more fun with your boy. My other lesson from season's past is that one fall and flooded waders for a second grader will instantly end your hunt.
Antonio Zoli
hunter

Postby blue68rs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Antonio Zoli wrote:Cruise over to the "iFish" hunting forum and search for threads on Fern Ridge - there's a recent discussion up right now.

Good luck to you.

BTW . . . ample supply of snacks and hot chocolate will make your mornings in the blind much more fun with your boy. My other lesson from season's past is that one fall and flooded waders for a second grader will instantly end your hunt.

good idea. i will do that for sure!
thanks for the info :bow:
blue68rs
Newb

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting