Help a fourteen year old find somewhere to hunt

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Help a fourteen year old find somewhere to hunt

Postby slingshot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm

In no way shape or form am i asking for any sort of honeyhole and i dont want to intrude at all. That said im just getting into hunting and would truly appreciate advice on public land areas that you might recommend for me. Also would be willing to trade labor for at least limited access to private land? Im in Mcminnville.
Thanks Much- Isaac Balwit
slingshot
hunter

Re: Help a fourteen year old find somewhere to hunt

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:57 pm

slingshot wrote:In no way shape or form am i asking for any sort of honeyhole and i dont want to intrude at all. That said im just getting into hunting and would truly appreciate advice on public land areas that you might recommend for me. Also would be willing to trade labor for at least limited access to private land? Im in Mcminnville.
Thanks Much- Isaac Balwit

My advice, get one of your parents or a hunting adult to drive you around the farming community out there near where you live. Knock on doors of big farms, especially with ponds, and ask for permission. Make sure you are presentable and not in camo with facepaint or a hunting day. There is alot of ag area in your neck of the woods. With some leg work and help from an adult to drive you around I'm sure you'll find a couple places and it will get easier to ask the more "yes" answers you get.
Good luck.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting