Klamath Basin for a hunter getting back into it!

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Klamath Basin for a hunter getting back into it!

Postby Nicolesman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:42 am

Hey everyone!

I am in need of some advice and assistance for recommendations for where I should try in the Klamath basin this year for waterfowl. A little history first: My dad and I used to do some duck hunting about 10-15 years ago when I was younger and we had our bird dog. After she passed, my dad stopped his bird hunting and I was a teenager at the time and I think I had decided hunting wasn't "cool" or something like that. I am expecting my first son now and suddenly I find myself really wanting to get back into the skills I learned with my dad when I was younger so I can pass this on to my son.

Due to this hiatus from duck hunting, my equipment is minimal. I have no dog... and no boat but I am very interested in trying my hand this season. I have all my clothing gear (camo, waders etc) and my trusty float tube if needed for retrievals. Considering my lack of dog and boat, do any of you have thoughts or recommendations for specific areas I could give a go in Southern Oregon this upcoming season? Any assistance would be of great help! :bow:
Nicolesman
Newb

Re: Klamath Basin for a hunter getting back into it!

Postby Chiloquin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Chiloquin
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting