hunting on the coast

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

hunting on the coast

Postby slingshot » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Im heading down to Cannon beach next weekend, do you guys know of any where for me to try and score on some peddlers close by? I thought i heard somthing about hunting near fort stevens? im guessing its not the lake but any info would be much appreciated.
thanks much- Isaac Balwit
slingshot
hunter

Re: hunting on the coast

Postby FowlOffspring » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I hate to say this and I hope I dont offend you in saying it but you wont be able to get very much, if any, information at all on here.All I can say go down there and drive around looking for lakes and marshes and when you find one then ask about it and see
if its private.
FowlOffspring
hunter

Postby slingshot » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm

not offended in the least, im pretty new to hunting so ecxuse me if this sounds stupid but... now that i think about it i remember seeing allot of roadside pond type things near pacific city... do you think those are open to public? how do you find out if you can hunt somewhere if you cant locate a landowner?
slingshot
hunter

Postby FowlOffspring » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I have no clue man. I hunt the big river and thats like 99% public land so I have never had to worry about it.All I can say is make sure it is out of city limits and it is large enough or far enough off of the road that you can be over 100 feet from it and not shooting towards it.Just ask everyine around and if no one is the owner then dont try to hunt it.
FowlOffspring
hunter

Postby Big Moby » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:02 pm

You can hunt the lower bay. incoming tide and watch out because the tide can move in quick
Big Moby
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting