Duck Hunting Forum banner

Another video!

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  h2ofowlr 
#1 ·
Got some good footage today. Put this together this afternoon after the hunt. Let me know what you think good, bad, or ugly. Thanks Justin

#3 ·
Good video. Nice band too.

Just a question though, is it good to have your dogs breaking for a retrieve just as you raise up to shoot? Don't take that the wrong way either, I will be the first to admit I have no idea how to train a dog or proper technique. Just looks like from the video your guns are barely raised when they break.

#4 ·
Duck_Popper said:

Just a question though, is it good to have your dogs breaking for a retrieve just as you raise up to shoot? Don't take that the wrong way either, I will be the first to admit I have no idea how to train a dog or proper technique. Just looks like from the video your guns are barely raised when they break.
No it's not good to have your dogs break like that, but when I was tranning her I didn't know any better so thats the way she got trained not a good habbit to your dog into. I tried to break her of it by holding her back but when I hold her back she wont go out to get the birds, she must think thinks shes in trouble?????

#5 ·
juwehoyt said:
No it's not good to have your dogs break like that, but when I was tranning her I didn't know any better so thats the way she got trained not a good habbit to your dog into. I tried to break her of it by holding her back but when I hold her back she wont go out to get the birds, she must think thinks shes in trouble?????
I wouldn't worry about it unless you are a dog nut. Looks to me like you are a killer...and killer's dogs just go retrieve birds...end of story. Looks to me like they were gettin' it done.

#6 ·
juwehoyt said:
Duck_Popper said:

Gotcha. Well good luck in your season.

#10 ·
honkerhuntin said:
good stuff, have you looked into gun mounts for the go pros yet? those shots look sick.
Working on a mount for the gun now hopefully try it out Sat .you get some footage together yet?

#11 ·
bits and pieces, i have a really old computer so i am working on getting some software downloaded on a friends computer, not sure when i will have the time to get on up and running. all of my footage is from the gun mount and i just ordered a head mount, should get some better shots that way. i will let you know when i finaly get one up and running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.