Another video!

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Another video!

Postby juwehoyt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Got some good footage today. Put this together this afternoon after the hunt. Let me know what you think good, bad, or ugly. Thanks Justin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hCy3UipLPtk
There are 2 types of public land hunters...
1. Those who hear the shots and hunt there next time...
2. And those who are the shots...

NOW GET OUT AND DO YOUR OWN SCOUTING!!!
juwehoyt
hunter

Re: Another video!

Postby JON » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 am

Not a big fan of the music. Not sure I like the "throwin the ducks on a pile bit" either. Rest of the video was cool. Thanks for sharin'.
JON
hunter

Another video!

Postby Duck_Popper » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 am

Good video. Nice band too.

Just a question though, is it good to have your dogs breaking for a retrieve just as you raise up to shoot? Don't take that the wrong way either, I will be the first to admit I have no idea how to train a dog or proper technique. Just looks like from the video your guns are barely raised when they break.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby juwehoyt » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Duck_Popper wrote:Good video. Nice band too.

Just a question though, is it good to have your dogs breaking for a retrieve just as you raise up to shoot? Don't take that the wrong way either, I will be the first to admit I have no idea how to train a dog or proper technique. Just looks like from the video your guns are barely raised when they break.

No it's not good to have your dogs break like that, but when I was tranning her I didn't know any better so thats the way she got trained not a good habbit to your dog into. I tried to break her of it by holding her back but when I hold her back she wont go out to get the birds, she must think thinks shes in trouble?????

juwehoyt
hunter

Postby JON » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

juwehoyt wrote:No it's not good to have your dogs break like that, but when I was tranning her I didn't know any better so thats the way she got trained not a good habbit to your dog into. I tried to break her of it by holding her back but when I hold her back she wont go out to get the birds, she must think thinks shes in trouble?????

I wouldn't worry about it unless you are a dog nut. Looks to me like you are a killer...and killer's dogs just go retrieve birds...end of story. Looks to me like they were gettin' it done.
JON
hunter

Another video!

Postby Duck_Popper » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:43 pm

juwehoyt wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:Good video. Nice band too.

No it's not good to have your dogs break like that, but when I was tranning her I didn't know any better so thats the way she got trained not a good habbit to your dog into. I tried to break her of it by holding her back but when I hold her back she wont go out to get the birds, she must think thinks shes in trouble?????

Gotcha. Well good luck in your season.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Not a fan of the music, but soon bad @$$ footage. Nice work congrats~! :clapping:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby andymac32 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Awesome hunting footage....Put it on mute quickly though! (are you deaf) Just kidding.
andymac32
hunter

Postby honkerhuntin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 am

good stuff, have you looked into gun mounts for the go pros yet? those shots look sick.
honkerhuntin
hunter

Postby juwehoyt » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:39 am

honkerhuntin wrote:good stuff, have you looked into gun mounts for the go pros yet? those shots look sick.

Working on a mount for the gun now hopefully try it out Sat .you get some footage together yet?

juwehoyt
hunter

Postby honkerhuntin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:35 am

bits and pieces, i have a really old computer so i am working on getting some software downloaded on a friends computer, not sure when i will have the time to get on up and running. all of my footage is from the gun mount and i just ordered a head mount, should get some better shots that way. i will let you know when i finaly get one up and running.
honkerhuntin
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:10 pm

good job
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby B.Hud » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:44 pm

nice editing
Shouldbeaguide wrote: We rolled donuts all weekend on green tops and specks. Make sure your facts are strait
B.Hud
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 pm

loved it music made me want to go wack an stack some birds. good shooting
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Looks like a good area to hunt. Lots of action.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting