Sauvie Island (private hunts)

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Sauvie Island (private hunts)

Postby ktmarie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I am fairly new to duck hunting and had someone recommend going out on a private hunt/or with a hunt club (that is open to the public). I am thinking about trying the Sauvie Island Duck Club, but first I was wondering if anyone new anything about them or if you have any other recommendations.
ktmarie
Newb

Re: Sauvie Island (private hunts)

Postby duckstoppa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 pm

give me the 200 dollars ill take you all weekend duck hunting
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby Tealer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 pm

duckstoppa wrote:give me the 200 dollars ill take you all weekend duck hunting

I wouldn't put that on the Internet, and most guys and clubs charge upwards of $250 a day.

I can't help you with a club, I tried one once. I didnt care for it. Stayed clear ever since. There is so my much public land you don't havevto join a club.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby labsforme » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am

Sent you a PM. In answer to your question NO!!!! Would not recommend.
labsforme
hunter

Postby ktmarie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Thank you all for your help. I live in the Portland metro area and because SI is so close I've been very tempted but I've heard some horror stories about it (the public side), and have thus far refrained. So when a friend recommended Ron Spada's club on the Island I was curious, but as Tealer pointed out its not cheap at $200+ a day. This is the first year that I've duck hunted so I want to try out some of the different areas around Oregon, just to get a sort of introduction. I've done some upland bird hunting in eastern Oregon the last couple of years, but other than that I've only hunted white-tails (deer) a couple of times in Louisiana and bow hunted (over a decade ago as a child) in the costal range here in Oregon once. So I really mean it when I say I am new to hunting and I appreciate any advice you all can offer. Thanks again.
ktmarie
Newb

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting