waines ranch

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

waines ranch

Postby goosebuster2882 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

going hunting on the waines ranch in maupin next month wondering if anyone has ever hunted this place? and wondering what to expect. looking for some feed back thanks everyone
I GOT TWO GUNS ONE FOR THE BOTH OF YA
goosebuster2882
hunter

Re: waines ranch

Postby Antonio Zoli » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Saw their ad promising many birds for relatively few dollars on Craigslist the other day . . . hope they deliver. Either way let us know. If 50 bucks is all it costs to get into some nice private land birds they should be swamped with hunters. Given the going rate for similar places, I would think that birds may not be that thick. Hope I'm wrong though, would love to check it out myself.
Antonio Zoli
hunter

Postby goosebuster2882 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm

i will let everyone know
I GOT TWO GUNS ONE FOR THE BOTH OF YA
goosebuster2882
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Yea.. I suspect the same thing. If you get any shooting that would be 50 bucks worth in todays market.
If steel 2's are so wonderful why did they come out with Bismuth, hevi shot, tungsten, and TSS ? Why do people pay 2 to 5 dollars a shot when all you need is steel 2's? Hmmm......
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Some friends of mine just got back from hunting all around grass valley for 4 days & were very bummed they got 4 honkers,10 ducks & 6 roosters hunting all private property that's part of wilderness unlimited & not very far from maupin & according to them the birds just aren't there. Last year they had so much action they were sick of eatn duck & goose limits daily for 3 days just so they could travel home legally. If it were me id have email dated pics of #'s (live birds since some1 elses bag limit don't help you any)so u know where ur $'s going & definately don't plan on a pond hunt cuz more than likely it'll b froze tight by next month good luck & keep us posted of your results
Webfootslayer
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting