snow wind no birds

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

snow wind no birds

Postby Utter chaos » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Went out yesterday morning it snowed all morning an had about 10 a mph wind got one mallard an seen maybe 6 others fly by but not interested in us at all then around 11an on are way out we seen a few more fly by does snowy weather affect hunting at all by making it better or worse. Then we drove around an seen at least 150 coots all swimming together in 1 pond 50 in another an 15 to 20 in another but no ducks
Season totals
4 mallard
3 Widgeon
16 honkers
1 buffle head
1coot
days hunted 7
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: snow wind no birds

Postby tlrmike99 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:06 pm

I dont know about better or worse, but I think its more fun for sure....

Twice in the 8 or so years I have been diver hunting, we got snowed on at Siltcoos lake at the coast. It was amazing, the ducks just came cutting in out fo the white to the decoys.... made for quick shots, but two of my best hunts ever....

I would LOVE to get a COLD COLD front with snow at the coast this year with the 7 bird limit on Bule Bills.... man.... thats a GOOOD time.

We have had OK hunts here int eh snow too, but mainly after the snow in the cols and clear... with snot on the ground... makes a good hunt too.
tlrmike99
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting