This week was slow

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

This week was slow

Postby Utter chaos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Only a mallard an a small buffy but we did do some scouting an its going to pay off
Attachments
Buffy.jpg
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: This week was slow

Postby Utter chaos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Lone mallard
Attachments
Den.jpg
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Good lookin mallard
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Things may b picking up round here don't know if its a push we all have been waitn for or just the fact that all slack water is locked up tight & has snow on it now but there's more birds if you know the sweet spots that birds like this time of year
Last edited by Webfootslayer on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

It had 2 full curls on its but an ya hopefully we get to wackin some ducks unfortanitly we are switching over to geese now but oh well hunting is hunting
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby FowlChase » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm sorry. But I cant take it anymore. 13 new topics on pg.1??? Your not sure what a spoony is..You call coots, ducks..You call an average size hen bufflehead, small..You seen a lot of coots, while scouting?? That greenhead only has 1 full curl.. This week was slow?? This week is not even over, and it still looks like the best hunt you've had!! For F--k sake man!! WHAT'S NEXT?? :fingerhead:
FowlChase
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 pm

FowlChase wrote:I'm sorry. But I cant take it anymore. 13 new topics on pg.1??? Your not sure what a spoony is..You call coots, ducks..You call an average size hen bufflehead, small..You seen a lot of coots, while scouting?? That greenhead only has 1 full curl.. This week was slow?? This week is not even over, and it still looks like the best hunt you've had!! For F--k sake man!! WHAT'S NEXT?? :fingerhead:

What does it matter?
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 am

FowlChase wrote:I'm sorry. But I cant take it anymore. 13 new topics on pg.1??? Your not sure what a spoony is..You call coots, ducks..You call an average size hen bufflehead, small..You seen a lot of coots, while scouting?? That greenhead only has 1 full curl.. This week was slow?? This week is not even over, and it still looks like the best hunt you've had!! For F--k sake man!! WHAT'S NEXT?? :fingerhead:

1st)How do u really feel inside.
2nd)actually yes i do know coots are not a duck there part of the crane familly i just put it up there for s%its an giggles cuz i hate them
3rd) this week is over for me since ill be working the rest of it an not able to got out till next week
4th)i cant even see the curls on the but of that mallard but maybe im blind an doc just says i have 2020 vision an if for some reason and it does only have 1 curl well sorry man i posted the wrong pic cuz the one i meant to post had 2 FULL curls
5th) hope u have a wondfull day sincerely Jake.
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby Paul David » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:58 am

You cant take it anymore? Sounds like you don't understand the whole concept of this forum. You should just hit the back button anytime you find yourself here. Who are you to judge people for what they know or don't know? If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say just keep your mouth shut. There was no need for that post. Don't worry jake. You're doing good and keep the posts coming. :beer:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau
Paul David
Newb

Postby FowlChase » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 am

My bad Jake. I can tell your new to waterfowling and I feel like a total ass for posting that. :fingerhead: B.t.w., the new river late season hunt is a private land only hunt. Go to the o.d.f.w. web site and you should be able to find info on that hunt.They will send you paperwork with a map of the unit and propery owners ph.#s to call for a reservation. Call soon before they fill up. If that hunt does'nt work for you, come over too Klamath Co. and I will put you on some late season specks.
FowlChase
hunter

Postby FowlChase » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 am

FowlChase wrote:My bad Jake. I can tell your new to waterfowling and I feel like a total ass for posting that. :fingerhead: B.t.w., the new river late season hunt is a private land only hunt. Go to the o.d.f.w. web site and you should be able to find info on that hunt.They will send you paperwork with a map of the unit and propery owners ph.#s to call for a reservation. Call soon before they fill up. If that hunt does'nt work for you, come over too Klamath Co. and I will put you on some late season specks.

Good hunting too you Jake, and sorry for being such a d---head.
FowlChase
hunter

Postby carchie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Agree, I hunted 4 days straights, 1 @ Umatilla, 3 in the tri-cities area, we got 3 buffies, 1 scaup, and 3 geese.
carchie
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting