Semi new to OR: L&C walk in?

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Postby Loggingbeast » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:06 pm

I moved to Newport area from Humboldt County, CA in the last year. I have been hunting the local coast, public lands in the valley and a few places in Eastern oregon. Is there anywhere on the L&C that a guy could walk in? I am constantly looking for new spots. Most my hunting trips have been scouting missions more so than hunting. As always not looking for secret spots but just some direction. Thanks.
Loggingbeast
Newb

Re: Semi new to OR: L&C walk in?

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Try another approach, best advice I can give you.
We have a few "slow" people around here but, I highly doubt you will find someone slow enough to share a walk areas(if they exist) for lower "C", anywhere.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Tealer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 pm

I have lived in the Lower C area my whole life, not sure I know of one walk in spot that safe through an entire tide cycle.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Loggingbeast » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 am

Copy. Thanks.
Loggingbeast
Newb

Postby Tipsntails7 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Tealer wrote:I have lived in the Lower C area my whole life, not sure I know of one walk in spot that safe through an entire tide cycle.

X2 I'd go as far to say the whole C, multnomah channel, and most of the river mouths besides maybe the sandy.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:11 pm

On that same note your not gonna find the public access up there as you did in humboldt, like ocean ranch or the other type c's. now if you have a boat the columbia and surrounding waterways are gold mines, but they take ALOT of time to learn and understand how the columbia changes them.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:
Tealer wrote:I have lived in the Lower C area my whole life, not sure I know of one walk in spot that safe through an entire tide cycle.

X2 I'd go as far to say the whole C, multnomah channel, and most of the river mouths besides maybe the sandy.

Upper stuff there are some walk in spots. Above the damns is a whole other deal.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Tipsntails7 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:42 pm

I have not hunted the columbia above the locks since I can remember so i default to tealer who is older and wiser then I, if I'm going that far I'm goin for geese in Central Valley. That's a long long drive from newport. Might as well go hit the snake at that point.
How's my spelling WTN10

Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:I have not hunted the columbia above the locks since I can remember so i default to tealer who is older and wiser then I, if I'm going that far I'm goin for geese in Central Valley. That's a long long drive from newport. Might as well go hit the snake at that point.

Now I'm old?
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Tipsntails7 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Not old, older. I'm 24 and I'm willing to bet your older then that, If not then I apologize for my assumptions. Meant no disrespect
How's my spelling WTN10

Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:Not old, older. I'm 24 and I'm willing to bet your older then that, If not then I apologize for my assumptions. Meant no disrespect

No worries, I am 31. Hard to believe that I'm older and wiser then anybody. :hi: :lol3:
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting