Oregon Waterfowl Festival

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Oregon Waterfowl Festival

Postby Heron » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 pm

The Oregon Waterfowl Festival is having another organizational meeting and would like to invite any and all interested in participating at any level.

This years event is coming together very nicely and should give us duck afflicted individuals something to help pass the off season.

Join us Monday January 28th at 6:30pm.

Chevy's in Lake Oswego
14991 Bangy Road
503-620-7700
Heron
Newb

Re: Oregon Waterfowl Festival

Postby Webfootslayer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 pm

When & where is the festival this year? Maybe some year it'll b in central oregon to better serve the whole state w commuting to & from the festival since it is the OREGON Waterfowl Festival might get larger turn out. just my 2 cents
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby Tealer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Webfootslayer wrote:When & where is the festival this year? Maybe some year it'll b in central oregon to better serve the whole state w commuting to & from the festival since it is the OREGON Waterfowl Festival might get larger turn out. just my 2 cents

It's back in St Hellens. June I believe. They have the website up to date.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Webfootslayer wrote:When & where is the festival this year? Maybe some year it'll b in central oregon to better serve the whole state w commuting to & from the festival since it is the OREGON Waterfowl Festival might get larger turn out. just my 2 cents

There are a few problems with that. First they have never had enough volunteers for a site that is far from the metro areas. Second, the people that have interest make it there anyway.
There are several people that come from out of state for it. The better advertised and, advance notices have always showed better numbers. When people know far enough ahead, many actually take vacation and, some come and campout, when it is an option.
Regardless of where or when it is held, there will be some who have conflict in scheduling etc. Simply put, you can't please everyone.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Pepper1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 pm

yup, gonna try and make it there
Pepper1
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting