Final Two Weeks of the Season

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Final Two Weeks of the Season

Postby njonesy_07 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 am

With only two weekends left in the 2012-2013 duck season, I'm hoping to finish it out on a "high note"...as I'm sure everyone here is too.
Hopefully everyone has had a successful season thus far, I know mine has been very enjoyable and very memorable. My good hunting buddy and I have been able to use 2 GoPro's for much of the season and have been getting great shots on camera. I'm really looking forward to reviewing and editing some of those videos to make a nice "recap" of the season. We've been fortunate to take 2 banded birds this season, both fairly unique and great stories to tell in the future.

Perhaps what I'm looking forward to most is being able to take my "first ever" shotgun hunt again. I bought my first firearm when I was about 10 years old, used it for many years afterwards until upgrading to semi-autos. However last weekend I had a "mishap" with my Benelli M2 Field [http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=219410]. As a result, the M2 is decommissioned for the remainder of the season and will likely be sent back to Benelli for warranty on the barrel. It is quite a bummer about the M2, however I am looking forward to spending regular time in the duck blind with my "trusty" Rem. 870....it's been awhile and it will bring back great memories. Hopefully I'll remember to "pump" the action :biggrin:

With big plans in the works for the closing weekend, I hope everyone the very best hunting. Be safe and shoot straight! :beer:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Re: Final Two Weeks of the Season

Postby jandh77 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

This is interesting because I am actually planning on taking my first shotgun on a hunt tomorrow. I bought it when I was 12 after saving my money for a while. It's a single shot 20 gauge youth model. I've only taken it duck hunting once, but didn't have any shots that day. It has treated me great for grouse and rabbits so now I'm hoping to take a duck with it. Good luck with the rest of your season!
jandh77
hunter

Postby cleanmiss » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Good luck on the warranty. 4 yrs ago i had a mishap with my M2. No help from ol benelli. in the end they said it was the ammo and they were happy to sell me one for 400 bucks. Ended up selling it to a buddy after it was fixed for a good deal. oh well thats hunting. I shoot a extrema 2 now but its all the same company i think. you'll have alot of fun shooting your 870. i do it from time to time.
cleanmiss
hunter

Postby Pepper1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 am

still hunt with my 1st shotgun, LOL,
Pepper1
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting