question from a NC hunter

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

question from a NC hunter

Postby decoycarver0205 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Guys I have a couple questions for you all. Me and my hunting partner are interested in coming out that way next season for some hunting. I was curious as to sea duck populations there in Oregon. I have been all over the states and even to Mexico hunting ducks, but never been to the west coast. We are really wanting to target harlequins,oldsqwaw, barrows goldeneye, etc. Basically birds you dont really see on our side of the states. Im just trying to get an idea if its possible there or if I need to look farther north? We are really trying to avoid getting a guide since its gonna cost us a arm and a leg just to get out there. So if you guys have any suggestions or wouldnt mind 2 very experienced duckers tagging along for a few days let me know. We of course will help with expenses food,gas,etc. Thanks in advance.
decoycarver0205
hunter

Re: question from a NC hunter

Postby decoycarver0205 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

I forgot to mention that I understand what a loaded request this is from a complete stranger. Im not really crazy about putting my personal info on a public forum but if you pm me I will share alittle more about us.
decoycarver0205
hunter

Postby steelheadslayer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Just my thoughts but I think you'd do well to try a little farther north.
"Opinions are like elbows, everyone seems to have a couple of em."-Phil Roberston
steelheadslayer
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

You will have to look at NW Washington State to fill your bucket list. This is where the larger population exists outside of B.C. Or Alaska for West Coast gunning.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Pepper1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:37 am

h2ofowlr wrote:You will have to look at NW Washington State to fill your bucket list. This is where the larger population exists outside of B.C. Or Alaska for West Coast gunning.

yeah, I would def agree with WA, suggest the Skagit Delta or even north of that up outta Fernley
Pepper1
hunter

Postby decoycarver0205 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Alright thank you guys thats what i needed to know!!!
decoycarver0205
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting