Nice way to finish the year

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Nice way to finish the year

Postby Utter chaos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Well this year was awesome killed a few birds made many memories to talk about an tell stoties learned a lot of what not to do an a lil of what to do. We got a great piece of land to hunt wuth hundreds of honkers an tons of ducks made some new friends but the best oart didnt come tell the end of the season my 6 year old nephew has wanted to go out with us every weekend an we here him in his bedroom making duck an geese noises an my mom works at his school an tells us how sge can here him trying to bliw his dads call out on the playground that he sometime sneaks with him. So me an my whife bought him a single shot youth 20 gauge shotgun an the second to last weekend we took him him out to the blind with us. He had a blast execpt me an his dad forgot snacks.he didnt get to shoot at anything but you would of thought he limited out. Then the following weekend i took his dad my huntin buddy who is yet to shoot a honker an we ended up watching 6 fall to the ground what a great way to finush the year
Season totals
4 mallard
1 Widgeon
16 honkers
1 coot
days hunted 6
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: Nice way to finish the year

Postby Utter chaos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 am

Not enough kids get to experience this enough theese days
Attachments
PicsArt_1359565693832.jpg
Season totals
4 mallard
1 Widgeon
16 honkers
1 coot
days hunted 6
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby FowlChase » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Cool pic. Chaos. Your right, not enough kids get to experience waterfowling. Took my Little buddy out for the last weekends hunt and we hammered the ducks. He even got his first banded greenwing. Hey chaos did you ever get info on the new river hunt?
FowlChase
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm

I found very little out about it but i did talk to a customer at work an him an his son make a trip to it every year at least a couple times
Season totals
4 mallard
1 Widgeon
16 honkers
1 coot
days hunted 6
Utter chaos
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting