Forum newbie and September geese

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Forum newbie and September geese

Postby Z-duck » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Hi fellas. New to the forum. Good to see there is a place we can talk waterfowl. Our group usually hunts Eastside Sauvies and Umatilla. Looking forward to another great season. Has anyone here been out to Sauvies to see where the geese are moving? I'm thinking about heading out there this weekend to see if I can get a shot off and work the dog.
Z-duck
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:17 pm

i was down on the Lowe Columbia chasing geese today. well, my intention was to chase geese. we saw a few travelling up the river, but nothing looking or working.

good day in the marsh..even without any birds.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Z-duck » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:53 pm

Went out Sunday around noon and didn't see a thing except for byciclists and people going out to the river. That place was packed! Saw a couple of other hunters but looks like they didn't have any luck either. I probably went out too late. I did get a chance to drive around Aaron unit and get more familiar with that area as I've only been out there once. Also hiked around footbridge and deadwillow a bit too. I also stopped at Hunt and noticed a Duck's Unlimited sign in the parking lot. It said 'DU habitat area' I think. And I don't remember seeing this last year. Looks like DU is working with the state. Anyone know anything about this?
Z-duck
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:24 pm

their is a few places around here in the east that DU has helped out
like Wanicut refuge im not sure if they have anything to do with it now or not as for the Geese up here they are all on privet land!!!!! but theres a few
Killem
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:21 am

Z-Duck - I know that DU worked with the Oregon Duck Hunters Assn to do some improvemnts out on the eastside. i know that ODHA provided 20,000 dollars for the purchase of 2 pumps to flood the Hunt unit as part of the improvements. not sure what else was done.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting