Willamette River Hunting

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Willamette River Hunting

Postby Big D » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 am

I am new to the area and this message board. I am doing some homework and looking for places to hunt in the Willamette Valley. I realize that many people hunt the refuges and I am sure that I will do my share of that, but I am also looking for other opportunities. I am going to start scouting public access along the Willamette. Does anyone hunt the river? Is it better to float than find walk-in access? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Big D
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:17 pm

:welcome:

Big D - check out my thread stikyed at the top of the forum for resources for new hunters.

also, there is a guide to the Willamette river that outlines all the public access areas and allowed uses. ie: hunting. if you have a boat you can get to alot of greenway access that is boat only and provides some decent hunting. i also know guys that float areas and do quite well.

i'll look up the Willy river info and post a link for you..the guide is available for free..or maybe a small fee like 5 bucks.

*edit*

added a .pdf link in the stickyed thread in this forum. check it out.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting