Aaron unit?

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Aaron unit?

Postby H.O.G » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:56 pm

I decided to put in for some of the reservation hunts at Sauvie this year. I thought that it would be nice to sleep in a few mornings. I ended up drawing the Aaron unit for Oct.22. Have any of you ever hunted it before? It would figure that out of the 4 choices I would draw the one I've never hunted! Any input would be appreciated......thanks
H.O.G
hunter

Postby Z-duck » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:18 pm

HOG, I've only hunted Aaron once with no luck. Set up in the wrong spot. If you ask the guys at the check station they will let you know where the hot spots are. There is an area called Rentanaur point I think that does fairly well if you're on foot. Check it out as I'm sure it's on the Sauvies map. If you're in a boat you obviously have more options but not sure where to go. Now is the time to do some scouting because the road out there is open. I did some driving out there last week actually.
Z-duck
hunter

Postby H.O.G » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 pm

So does that mean that it's a roam unit? Taking a drive out there is a good idea. Thanks for the reply!
H.O.G
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting