Screw up on the new regs

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Screw up on the new regs

Postby UmatillaJeff » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:22 am

Under the title : what is new or what has changed they said the new Canvasback limit was 3 ducks. In the first press relapse they said it was going to be raised to 2 Canvasbacks.

I checked farther back where the actual duck hunting limits and seasons info page was and sure enough... It says 2 canvasbacks Not three like they printed in the front of the regulations.

I swear to God... Maybe they should have a duck hunter proof read the info about waterfowl before they print it. This was the online version of the regs . Maybe they haven't been sent to the printer yet? If somebody wants to call them it might help. I am leaving to fish buoy 10 for 4 days.
Duck hunters chat.. a place where people who never shoot past 40 yards explain how to do it better to the guys who do it all the time.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Re: Screw up on the new regs

Postby duckstoppa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 pm

I don't know if that's a final draft as the ads are not in it
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby cwsmith » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 pm

yes- ODFW acknowledged the error on their website the other day, corrected it on the online version, and all future print versions sent out will be edited to say 2 canvasbacks. good catch :thumbsup:
13-14 Season

40 mallards
14 GWT
13 pin
10 spoony
10 buff
9 wigeon
8 rgnk
6 woodie
6 gad
5 barrow's ge
3 merg
3 ruddy
2 l scaup
1 g scaup
1 comm ge
1 can
TOTAL DUCKS = 132

77 canada
4 snow
2 speck
TOTAL GEESE = 83

TOTAL WATERFOWL = 215
cwsmith
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 pm

The printed regs I saw have the mess up in them. Jeff
Duck hunters chat.. a place where people who never shoot past 40 yards explain how to do it better to the guys who do it all the time.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting