Things are looking good

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Things are looking good

Postby Utter chaos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Last year down here around grants pass medford area the migration never showed up till. 1week after season ended. Well things are looking good for the past 5days it has rained an we are finally getting water for the opener an it has snowed 2 days in a row on hwy 140. Hopefully winter comes a lil early and pushes everything down to us sooner so we can enjoy great hunting all season.
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: Things are looking good

Postby alan0260 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 pm

The weather is moving ducks, Central OR has more than I have ever seen for opener... Its nice to have every location scouted as an option for the first hunt. Good luck, only 9 days!!!! :grooving:
DU
NRA
OHA
CODE Greenhead
alan0260
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 pm

alan0260 wrote:The weather is moving ducks, Central OR has more than I have ever seen for opener... Its nice to have every location scouted as an option for the first hunt. Good luck, only 9 days!!!! :grooving:

Ditto on that im just glad that all my spots are exclusive access or leased this season.
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Well another storm coming in tomorrow nights wich is opening day gor deer season 3 inches of rain expected here an 10 at the coast. Hopeing to tag out early an spend tge rest of the year chasing fowl.
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby 60's hunter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:45 am

Yeah--------The way the birds & the weather are moving this year, it will be a very different winter. Ready :thumbsup:
60's hunter
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 pm

I hope so ! last year with the fly-over in southern Oregon to the Sac basin , it was hard to find something to shoot . Sac
refuge had water and lots of birds but , this year it MIGHT be different with early birds showing up and the weather ? :grooving:
3200 man
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 am

3200 man wrote:I hope so ! last year with the fly-over in southern Oregon to the Sac basin , it was hard to find something to shoot . Sac
refuge had water and lots of birds but , this year it MIGHT be different with early birds showing up and the weather ? :grooving:

I don't know the Sac valley that well but, last year I drove through that way just before and just after Christmas. I saw alot of birds in fields by I-5 that looked to be rice paddies of some sort. I think it may have been a WMA.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 am

Last year on our way up , we seen more birds than ever before I thought Wow , it's going to be great on the border , NO !
It was very slow , not many birds in the area for a lack of water even though we had private land to hunt . This year , maybe
alot of birds but , with the shutdown of refuges for them to loaf in , atleast we will be able to see what's there ? what a Shame !

We are All in the same Boat , with a ------ up Government !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

I donr think it will affect me since there are none near me but i am wondering how bad it will affect people hunting near a shut down refuge with no pressure to push the birds out an keep them moving around. it seems like the refuges will just get packed full of birds an they will have no reason to leave we all no the birds learn where its safe.
Utter chaos
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting