Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hunting Malarky

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  liegong 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to hunting the roam units but got opening day at Malarky on SI. I would love any suggestions on how to hunt it without a boat. I don't mind humping but looking at the map, it appears that I will also have to wade my way through areas as well. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Can't wait for opening day!
Scott

#4 ·
What up?
Do you have big plans for opener. I'm gonna try to get out on westside opening week. I may not get out until November. Got a cow tag to fill in WY first. Who knows my first hunt might be over there if I kill a cow quick enough. They're already getting snow over there and all the way down to the valley. It might be an interesting drive into the hunt area.

#5 ·
Boy you are right about the rain. Normally, it is pretty dry and some of the places don't have a lot of water. I am guessing that isn't going to be an issue this year.

So how do I get out to Malarky? Looking at the maps, there isn't a direct walking trail there. Do I really need to wade through part of Aaron to get to it?

Also, any tips on where in Malarky to hunt are appreciated.
Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.