whose openor plans have been ruined?

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby Webfootslayer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:17 am

I'm just wondering how many peoples opening day plans have been changed due to the Gov shutdown? I surely hope it doesnt affect many of my fellow waterfowlers out there that were planning on hunting on any of the refuges this season. I wonder if the greedy gov will be refunding any of the moneys paid for blind applications.I myself will not be affected by this but feel for everyone who will be.Pisses me off to even wonder how many youths will suffer from this.good luck and be safe this season.
Webfootslayer
hunter
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Prineville,Oregon


Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby Huskies12 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Well my opening weekend plans appear to be in danger of being ruined. I drew the opener for Tulelake fields so this probably isn't going to happen. Luckily I also drew Klamath Wildlife Area, which is state run, so that will happen. Usually I spend a 3 day weekend during the opener hunting between Lower Klamath/Tule and the Straits. Looks like my weekend will be cut short...oh well. I just look at the bigger picture and how this shutdown is affecting others...and it puts my hunting plans into perspective.
User avatar
Huskies12
hunter
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: Rogue Valley, OR.

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby jcmontgo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Hey Alex.....as you may have heard I moved over here to Montana in June.....no more fights with Jimmy's lying and crying butt. :fingerpt: My hunting plans here are shot to crap....I was set up for a dynamite refuge hunt this weekend and drove down there today and the refuge manager said no go. Oh yeah and I got laid off since the government shut down......no pay no nothin. Not sure when Ill make it back to Pville but I was wonderin if you had a layout blind your looking to offload or if anyone you know does?
Cody
Season bird totals are for those who cannot see the forest for the trees. Count your good days, not your ducks.
"I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often"-Teddy Roosevelt
jcmontgo
hunter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Twin Bridges

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby corey4x4man » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:27 am

Umatilla 1st pick opening day, and 4th pick sunday following.... pooof gone :mad:
User avatar
corey4x4man
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:24 pm

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby Webfootslayer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

jcmontgo wrote:Hey Alex.....as you may have heard I moved over here to Montana in June.....no more fights with Jimmy's lying and crying butt. :fingerpt: My hunting plans here are shot to crap....I was set up for a dynamite refuge hunt this weekend and drove down there today and the refuge manager said no go. Oh yeah and I got laid off since the government shut down......no pay no nothin. Not sure when Ill make it back to Pville but I was wonderin if you had a layout blind your looking to offload or if anyone you know does?
Cody


That sucks all the way around bud. if ya make it back to pville let me know & I might be able to find you a blind seeing how I have 6 lol
Webfootslayer
hunter
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Prineville,Oregon

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby UmatillaJeff » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:09 pm

corey4x4man wrote:Umatilla 1st pick opening day, and 4th pick sunday following.... pooof gone :mad:



I will say a prayer for you. The level at which you got hosed is biblical. Jeff
Duck hunters chat.. a place where people who never shoot past 40 yards explain how to do it better to the guys who do it all the time.
UmatillaJeff
hunter
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby Webfootslayer » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:59 pm

UmatillaJeff wrote:
corey4x4man wrote:Umatilla 1st pick opening day, and 4th pick sunday following.... pooof gone :mad:



I will say a prayer for you. The level at which you got hosed is biblical. Jeff


Ditto on that ive heard of hosed but ou definately got drenched on that. Question is I wonder if they are going to refund your app fees oh yeah its the government never mind we all know that answer
Webfootslayer
hunter
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Prineville,Oregon

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby Tealer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Webfootslayer wrote:
UmatillaJeff wrote:
corey4x4man wrote:Umatilla 1st pick opening day, and 4th pick sunday following.... pooof gone :mad:



I will say a prayer for you. The level at which you got hosed is biblical. Jeff


Ditto on that ive heard of hosed but ou definately got drenched on that. Question is I wonder if they are going to refund your app fees oh yeah its the government never mind we all know that answer


Who cares about the $15. That is a pretty sweet pick.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot
 
Posts: 5998
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:41 am
Location: Along the Columbia

Re: whose openor plans have been ruined?

Postby corey4x4man » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Yea... It sucks!! Way to ruin my record of getting a 1st pick or getting an invite on a 1st pick every year for the last 4 years... :crying:
User avatar
corey4x4man
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:24 pm


Return to Oregon Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests