Why?

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Re: Why?

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Jim Atlas wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
Tealer wrote:You do know Jon is a well educated adult right?

It has been a long time since I've seen a well-educated adult act like a 12 year old kid....

So I take it you don't follow politics much?

:clapping: true, I don't.

Tealer wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
Tealer wrote:You do know Jon is a well educated adult right?

And? It has been a long time since I've seen a well-educated adult act like a 12 year old kid, insulting people in online forums who are just trying to talk duck hunting.

I'm a well-educated adult and when other well-educated, or otherwise, adults act like pricks I'll call them on it. You want to defend your buddy, fine by me, but I personally can't stand it.

Not defending anyone. He isn't my buddy. From what I have read of all your posts, your the one throwing the insults out.

Let me point you in the right direction mr. moderator: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=318442 First reply in that topic. Great way to welcome someone new to Oregon and new to the forum, huh? And viewtopic.php?f=52&t=314657 another mod apparently deleted JON's comment, but note jcmontgo's comment further down "That discussion started out well......but thanks for tanking it JON. No need to be a jerk to someone you don't know....tough guy I guess. Anyway....."

If this JON guy being a prick to newcomers to the forum and/or Oregon is par for the course here in your forum, yes, expect me to call him out every time. That's not what duckhuntingchat or Oregon is about in my opinion.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

In ALL those threads and comments I see Jon making comments about internet scouting ( which I also cannot stand) and laws for a state you don't live in. You immediately calling him names. Then banter comes, naturally. If you don't like his comments ignore them, or add them to your foe list.

I don't have to defend the guy, your in the wrong.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:22 pm

1.) In the "new to area" post the new guy specifically said, and I quote directly "I am not looking for secret spots or anything but some direction and advice. Maybe even finding a hunting partner would be great." If you as a mod think that's internet scouting and deserves a response like JON made, then in my opinion you should not be moderating this forum. In the hunting rules post, a guy is considering moving to Oregon and asked about our rules and regs. We should be welcoming new guys to Oregon and duckhuntingchat, even if they make an initial mistake and DO ask "any spots I can go hunt?", even if they are out of state considering moving here. Welcoming new people to the forum and to Oregon duck hunting, and telling guys like JON who chastise new folks to take a hike, should be a part of your job as a moderator.

2.) I'll continue to call JON or anyone else out who is a prick to new folks. I want more new folks in this forum to talk duck hunting with, not fewer. Even if they don't know a thing about hunting, even if they don't know that internet scouting is a faux pas, even if they ask me the GPS coords of my favorite hole. I'll welcome them, kindly correct them, and then help them get into Oregon hunting. If you don't have the same attitude, you shouldn't be a moderator.

3.) If I break any forum rules, let me know.

4.) "You're" and "your" are two very different things.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby cleanmiss » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:41 pm

This is B.S. is the sole reason why most of my hunting buddies have stopped using this site. If your whole intention is to cause trouble, go to a bar (or my hunting camp) were you can get what you deserve. I dont post much but i have been reading posts for several years. I will no longer be doing that. I'm there sure there is alot of miserable peolple that like reading this crap. i just dont to fall into that.

Happy Hunting!
cleanmiss
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm

whistlingwings wrote:1.) In the "new to area" post the new guy specifically said, and I quote directly "I am not looking for secret spots or anything but some direction and advice. Maybe even finding a hunting partner would be great." If you as a mod think that's internet scouting and deserves a response like JON made, then in my opinion you should not be moderating this forum. In the hunting rules post, a guy is considering moving to Oregon and asked about our rules and regs. We should be welcoming new guys to Oregon and duckhuntingchat, even if they make an initial mistake and DO ask "any spots I can go hunt?", even if they are out of state considering moving here. Welcoming new people to the forum and to Oregon duck hunting, and telling guys like JON who chastise new folks to take a hike, should be a part of your job as a moderator.
My job is to keep I civil, you are part of the problem. If you don't like his posts ignore them.
2.) I'll continue to call JON or anyone else out who is a prick to new folks. I want more new folks in this forum to talk duck hunting with, not fewer. Even if they don't know a thing about hunting, even if they don't know that internet scouting is a faux pas, even if they ask me the GPS coords of my favorite hole. I'll welcome them, kindly correct them, and then help them get into Oregon hunting. If you don't have the same attitude, you shouldn't be a moderator.
Call him out all you want it doesn't help. Trolls are trolls. It just feeds the fire.
3.) If I break any forum rules, let me know.
Name calling is not allowed, on more then one occasion you have been guilty.

Thanks for the tip.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby JON » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm

whistlingwings wrote:

When confronting a grammar Nazi, I always say "There, their, they're."
JON
hunter

Postby AKPirate » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Tealer wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:You're just jealous Tim. We're in the rain capitol of the US and we still have more daylight than you and, in a few months, you'll have none at all.ImageImageImage

:yes: I plan to spend mid December to mid January hunting Washington and then with you and the rest of those WCH jerks. :yes:

I'll take you for a hunt when you get to town

Tealer- Sounds great, I will get in touch with you closer to December to get a plan together.
AKPirate
hunter

Previous

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting