Bunch of talkers

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Bunch of talkers

Postby duckstoppa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:39 pm

To all internet scouters, newbies, and relocates.

Please don't post up your looking for a spot, new to town, there are no ducks. I have invited at least 5 of these people and none have gone. If your that big of a p!##¥ no wonder you can't find a bird.
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Re: Bunch of talkers

Postby Tealer » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 pm

LOL, Clyde steel your log on?
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby baltz526 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:29 pm

duckstoppa wrote:To all internet scouters, newbies, and relocates.

Please don't post up your looking for a spot, new to town, there are no ducks. I have invited at least 5 of these people and none have gone. If your that big of a p!##¥ no wonder you can't find a bird.

Go pound sand in a dry duck hole. Is my opinion of your selfish cockgrabbing pissparty :crying: :crying: :crying: You have earned 3 cry baby's. Thank the powers that be I'm not a moderator, You would be gone, history, 86ed, banned, and deleted.
OHA life member Lapine oregon
baltz526
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 pm

So selfish is offering to take people to a duck spot buy a dictionary.
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Show me your spot, I'll start going :yes:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:50 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Show me your spot, I'll start going :yes:

It's sauvie island and there are lots of ducks there.
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 pm

duckstoppa wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:Show me your spot, I'll start going :yes:

It's sauvie island and there are lots of ducks there.

No, I want to know where the 'X' is
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Holman Point + 70 yard shots = x
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:07 pm

duckstoppa wrote:Holman Point + 70 yard shots = x

Thanks
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:58 pm

This crybaby attitude is generally why these forums suck. New guys are going to ask about places to hunt in the state or maybe even places to hunt in city X. Don't like it? Don't respond. This whining and the "hey internet scouter, go away" messages are why so many new people post something on these forums and then never come back. I've seen it for years and years. Guess what: lots of guys that are new to hunting or just new to internet forums don't know that "internet scouting" is frowned upon.

Here's a thought: just ignore the scouting part of their question and give them a general "welcome to oregon duckhuntingchat!" and "hey oregonhuntingmap.com is a good place to get started looking, and refuge X is near you, check it out." Basically, stop being a d*#@. Lots of the people that post on these forums initially internet scouting are youngsters that don't know a lick about hunting, you're doing zero good treating them like crap.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 pm

whistlingwings wrote:

This crybaby attitude is generally why these forums suck. New guys are going to ask about places to hunt in the state or maybe even places to hunt in city X. Don't like it? Don't respond. This whining and the "hey internet scouter, go away" messages are why so many new people post something on these forums and then never come back. I've seen it for years and years. Guess what: lots of guys that are new to hunting or just new to internet forums don't know that "internet scouting" is frowned upon.

Here's a thought: just ignore the scouting part of their question and give them a general "welcome to oregon duckhuntingchat!" and "hey oregonhuntingmap.com is a good place to get started looking, and refuge X is near you, check it out." Basically, stop being a d*#@. Lots of the people that post on these forums initially internet scouting are youngsters that don't know a lick about hunting, you're doing zero good treating them like crap.

Are you that dense or can you not read I have tried to help them. They just don't show up.
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I read that.

Guess what? There are going to be more new people that come here and have no idea you've tried to help people in the past. You're saying "I tried to help 5 people, and none of them took my help. So now I'm just going to be a d&*# to all the new folks that come here."

Sounds like kindergarten. A lot of us ARE willing to help, even the "internet scouters," because they're generally people new to hunting, new to internet hunting forums, or young guns, and we want to help get them involved in hunting.

If you don't want to try and help anyone else, fine ---> shut your mouth when someone new comes here and those of us who are willing to try and help more than 5 people will do the work.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 pm

You may have just chased off the last new members. You might be down to 10 or so active. Best try to retain a few. :clapping:
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby downhilltilt24 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:49 am

Not to be a pacifist but why can't we all get along? i'm sorry if any of you have been screwed by others when you offer good deeds but that's life. keep reaching out. find the people who want to put you into their priorities. i've beeen so fortunate here as a new member with the help of others on this site. you have all been welcoming for the most part and i'd be honored to go out hunting with yall or take any of yall out. we're here for the sport, and for the memories experiences friendships and camaraderie we ascertain from this incredible sport. we love to hunt. we love to deceive animals and be the alpha male and apex predator. Lets enjoy it. not have pity parties and hold on to past dues. just enjoy the sport and all the wonderful blessings that come from it.
downhilltilt24
hunter

Postby Tealer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:29 pm

As waterfowl hunter we all must hate each other, it's in the by laws.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby FowlChase » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

:lol:
FowlChase
hunter

Postby downhilltilt24 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Im guessing these laws are written in your manifesto?
downhilltilt24
hunter

Postby Tealer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

downhilltilt24 wrote:Im guessing these laws are written in your manifesto?

Yeah its about 650 pages of ridiculous things waterfowlers do, say, believe. It should be a horrible read.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Tealer wrote:
downhilltilt24 wrote:Im guessing these laws are written in your manifesto?

Yeah its about 650 pages of ridiculous things waterfowlers do, say, believe. It should be a horrible read.

Pfft, that's hardly a manifesto. It's more like a short story or abbreviated novel. :yes:
Taken from my 1257 page "Waterfowl and anti Government Manifesto" page 1012, paragraph 3 " always one up your brethren duck hunters". It relates directly to pg 36 para. 2 "All misinformation given to Governmental agencies, agents and/or representatives there of, is fair and just." This is in direct relationship to general relationship to the most common statement used in all movements and action taken for good/great or needed causes, "the ends justify the means".
Now, for all those in this thread who have your panties in a bunch, the other commonly used statement that applies to this post reply, " Lighten up Francis!". :hi:

Oh, and for those who haven't figured it out, I'm back. My 2 week Wyoming elk hunt is done and, all with tags now have their elk in freezer and are moving on to ducks. :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting