JMike

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

JMike

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:07 pm

mike,

good meeting you on thursday. how did you guys finish out? i'll be out there again saturday to brave the crowds and hope for a looooow chip.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby jmike » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:20 pm

ed ... it was cool meeting you too, that was my first time doing the internet dating thing...hahaha .... we hunted til 1:30 ended up with 9 birds, not bad but not to good , we killed everthing that came close , the bireds didnt seem to commit real well, man did you see that super long shot the guy in 1 made ...i was like wow , i think he had an 8 gauge, were gonna hit the river for the pm shoot on sunday , sounds like rain for you on saturday , good luck......mike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:41 pm

that was one loooong shot. followed by a looooong walk. i remember having to walk across that lake for birds. glad i have a dog now.

speaking of dogs...did that end up being 1's dog that was "visiting" you that morning? she was walking with us for awhile..getting my dog all riled up, but i wasn't sure if that was the same dog in your blind. most likely it was.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

hey guys

Postby JON » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:51 pm

It's a been a while since you posted this, but I was on #1 that day and the guy I was hunting with...(for the first and last time), was the guy who took the loooooong shot. I couldn't believe he even took it, let alone made contact. Crazy!!! What's up ED. I talk to ya before next season comes around.

Jon
JON
hunter

Postby jmike » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:43 am

jon....man that was cute little puppy you guys lost .... i was hoping nobody would claim her, my big ol yellow didnt even try to rip here up, so i know she was a sweetie........and man that was a long shot .....leet me know how your club plans are going for next year ,,,,jmike :smile:
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting