That's about it------

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

That's about it------

Postby 60's hunter » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 am

Well, my area has played out & I don't have a good spot to hunt the Feb. geese, so that's about it. Kinda going through post season let down, but it was a great season over all & I have a awesome 4 month old Golden to keep me out in the field to get ready for next Oct. One of my highlights was a calm day on a small lake that started to get a few birds in to rest around 9am or so----when out of nowhere 9 big mallards landed in the middle of our spread. It was my son's first year hunting & jumpin up to take em was a memory I will never forget. Anybody have a favorite time from this season ? Cheers
60's hunter
hunter

Re: That's about it------

Postby njonesy_07 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:32 pm

I had one of the most satisfying hunts I can remember in recent history happen not too long ago. I hunted during the high wind storm, had some great VERY CLOSE action right at shooting light. Although it didn't result in a limit, I pulled 4 big birds down in the first 30-45 minutes of shooting light....I've never had a greenhead come so close over head. I thought for certain he was going land on top of my layout blind. :eek: That was by far the nastiest conditions I've hunted in this season and I only wish there was more of it.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Re: That's about it------

Postby 60's hunter » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 pm

That sounds awesome Jonsey, I love that high wind------it puts the ducks into a couple places that I hunt. Maybe next season there will be more of it than this one-----have a great off season. kerry
60's hunter
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting