Duck Hunting Forum banner

Oregon Waterfowl Festival

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Swamp Puppy 
#1 ·
Who's going?

Anyone setting up a booth?

Anyone blowing in the calling contests?

Anyone interested in a "duck camp" party on saturday night?

I will be there. both days most likely as it is literally in my backyard. I am thinking that we should set up a camp on saturday night and have a big bar-b-q party. weather permitting of course.

http://www.oregonwaterfowl.org/

#3 ·
When is it? I think I would like to go to that and maybe push some calls. Probably to late to get a booth but what the heck. As long as yall wouldnt mind an eastern hick from the other side of the state hangin around.

C DUbb :laughing:

#4 ·
Oregon Waterfowl Festival
columbia co. fairgrounds, st. helens, oregon.
sat june 18 and sun june 19
9am-5pm

if you still have your old '04-'05 birds regs around, they have an ad in there with the info and contact numbers. i am sure you still have time to get a booth.

let me know if you need contact info and i'll get you in touch with the people that help run and organize it.

#14 ·
Well, another festival is in the books. :getdown:

I got to meet up with Bret, Workenem, and his son Sean. Also got to meet Rodney from Echo calls and a couple of others from around the area. I didn't get to see much of the calling contests or seminars this year as i was working at the festival and spent alot of time running kids events.

I managed to escape with only buying 2 calls this year though...normally i'm making secret trips from truck to garage while hoping the wife never actually counted how many dekes or other things i actually have. lol.

I guess i'll need to round up a contest call and get practicing so i can make a fool out of myself in the Novice duck next year.

#17 ·
Ed,

you are right on the money about meeting some great people. A buddy and I came up on Sunday morning from Salem as our father's day treat, and boy were we treated. We sat in on Buck Gardner's seminar and talked to quite a few of the guys from the Kfalls area about their area and had multiple offers of "i'm not a guide, but you are more than welcome to come down and hunt with me"

The festival was a huge sucess in our eyes and we are looking forward to next year. Thanks for all the hard work.

John

#18 ·
John, (or anyone else)

the festival people are always looking for volunteers. it's a good deal. free camping, free entry, free food (the BBQ both nights was excellent!!) and you make some great hunting contacts. you can put in as much or as little time as you want. a couple of hours or work every minute, it's up to you. oh yeah..you get a cool hat and T-shirt too. ha ha ha.

if anyone is interested in donating some time to the festival next year, justlet me know and i'll get you in contact with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.