First Annual Washington State Decoy Cast In Weekend

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

First Annual Washington State Decoy Cast In Weekend

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:41 am

[b]Washington State Decoy Cast In Weekend

Where : Lake Stevens Washington - DHC Members Property

When : May 17th & 18th

I thought some folks from Oregon that are interested in learning to make foam decoys or who enjoy the process and want a shot a making decoys with someone elses molds they don't have would like to know about a decoy casting weekend I am coordinating for a bunch of DHC members from Washington state.

The weekend will be held at a buddies place in Lake Steven WA. He has plenty of room for people to put up tents, crash on the floor, or hotels are also nearby. The group will have a large number of decoys molds that cover pretty much every species we hunt locally at the weekend to share. I am coordinating the weekend and will be ordering a large quantity of EPS foam and bringing supplies to teach the entire process from start to finish over the weekend.

We would welcome anyone who wants to learn, has molds and wants to share their skill and knowledge, or just wants to meet a bunch of great DHC members. I live in Vancouver, WA and will be making the drive north. We coordinated the location to be centralized to the highest number of interested parties in Washington.

If you want more info check out the thread in the Washington State Forum or fire me a pm.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting