ready to roll

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

ready to roll

Postby jmike » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:08 pm

hey there oregon buddies.............man i am chompin at the bit for the early goose season to start... this long dry summer were having is driving me nuts...........just startin to clean up the boat , needs a fresh coat of paint, tune up the ol 25 johnson......any how its kinda nice to hear that theres some local guys around........jimke :thumbsup:
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

a little prep

Postby fun4jake » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:05 am

I hear ya about being anxious. I am bustin out the decoys and paintn em up nice and pretty. Just got 2 duck full body flyers a couple weeks ago and ready to try them . Dont know if I'll go early goose huntn or not. Not quite setup for that. Good luck on the geese?
fun4jake
hunter

huntin is on the way

Postby JON » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:28 pm

Whats up fellas. I checked out most of your posts. I am new to the site and I am an Oregon hunter. I look forward to talkin' about waterfowlin' with ya this year. I have a passion for the sport. I made it in the field over 50 days last year and can't wait for things to get started again.

I've been hunting Umatilla for almost 15 years and 90% of the time we absolutly hose 'em. Which makes me think if you got better spots in the river they must be red hot. I don't get over east a ton but would love to get under some flocks of 30+ mallards cupped and comin'. I've heard they come in huge flocks up there. Had a good trip or two at hat rock also.

You guys got spots picked out for Sept. goose. I have been scoutin' and every day they are sittin' there...taunting me. Just 13 more days...or less for you guys over east.

Hey jmike...I'm the guy who bought you floaters for my buddy...small world.

Later
JON
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting